Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

If the government is incentivizing EVs, shouldn't it also be using them to lead by example? Well, Canada has made moves to do just that thanks to the new PM Mr. Trudeau.

Well, it's not much, but it's a plan. And as a symbolic gesture, Justin Trudeau's Bureau announced it will be replacing its limousines with electric vehicles. It remains to be seen whether they'll be Mitsubishi iMIEVs or Tesla Model Xs.
I am curious what vehicle they will go with. A Volt? A Tesla?

Do you think this is a move that other governments should make as well?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
For a second, I thought they were enacting a new legislation of some kind to switch out commercial limousines for EVs but it's just the personal ones used by Trudeau's Bureau.

It's not necessary for other governments to do but it sets a good example along with incentivizing the purchase of EV vehicles. I think they'll probably go with Tesla since they are higher end. Doubt the Bureau will go from a limo to something like the Leaf.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For a second, I thought they were enacting a new legislation of some kind to switch out commercial limousines for EVs but it's just the personal ones used by Trudeau's Bureau.

It's not necessary for other governments to do but it sets a good example along with incentivizing the purchase of EV vehicles. I think they'll probably go with Tesla since they are higher end. Doubt the Bureau will go from a limo to something like the Leaf.
The Leaf is also too small. But Tesla or a Volt could happen.

I agree though. Likely Tesla.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I'm thinking the Model S since the Bureau members are most likely to sit in the back and travel either by themselves or one other person. No need for the extra space in the Model X unless they plan to mod the large rear passenger space into a luxury interior of some kind.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Lol, at $100k a pop, no way is it cheaper than a limo. There's some affordable limos out there unless they want ones armored up to the teeth.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Oh, that might work. It would have to be big enough, but it is cheaper than the Tesla so it is an option.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts