Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New videos showcasing the new Polestar Precept. This was intended to be debuted at the Geneva Car Show which was cancelled.

I caught a lot of flak claiming the Bolt was dated before it's debut in comparison to the minimalist design language starting to hit the market a few years ago. The Polestar continues that trend in a stunning sedan.
Didn't notice the price though.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I caught a lot of flak claiming the Bolt was dated before it's debut in comparison to the minimalist design language starting to hit the market a few years ago.
Maybe I'm just missing them, but pretty much the only cars I've been seeing on the road with a minimalist design language are all the Teslas. There are a lot of them, but in terms of spread across all the manufacturers I haven't really noticed this as a "thing".

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Guess Polestar didn't get the memo.... the sedan form factor is a dying breed, Crossover and SUV's are the vehicle of choice (in the USA anyway) :confused:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
80% of all BEV's currently sold in the US utilize a minimalist design language.
It's also leading the pack in many European countries including ICEV's

#1 in the Netherlands

#1 Global EV sales

#1 in Sweden

#1 in Finland

#1 in Germany

30% of the Chinese EV market

And the lead keeps getting bigger.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
80% of all BEV's currently sold in the US utilize a minimalist design language.
Perhaps, but that's not true of the wider vehicle market. And if, as I have heard, the design goal of the Bolt was to make it just like any other hatchback or small SUV, then in that sense they've succeeded.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts