Votes: 45 36.9%
  • not willing to wait

Votes: 23 18.9%
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Assuming GM could come up with a defect free battery, and assuming you could get a decent buyback anytime along the way, how long are you willing to wait for your battery fix?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably because I never made a poll before and not sure how to do it right. Try again, I voted and it seemed to
work.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Bolt Premium
50 Posts
Maybe there should also be an option for “not willing to wait” as well, to cover everyone in the “Peace, I’m out” folks attempting buyout?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Probably because I never made a poll before and not sure how to do it right. Try again, I voted and it seemed to
work.
The option to vote for “6 months, a year, 2 years, or however long it takes” is the option I was trying to vote, but now it’s gone 🙄

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I vote for “until I figure out how to capitalize on the whole mess”.

“Now! Kill the beast while he’s wound-ded !”

(whop, clink)

“I would have never seen that in a Million Years!”

“You keep what you kill.”

Or I decide to stop parking in the garage, and then it will get parked at the dealership 🤔

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can you add a voting option that says: "Until another BEV comes out that performs equal or better than the Bolt, and sells for something near the buyback price"
Too theoretical. We need boots on the ground choices, not pie in the sky.:rolleyes:
The option to vote for “6 months, a year, 2 years, or however long it takes” is the option I was trying to vote, but now it’s gone 🙄
Because I person has to make a serious choice in life. I would be a bad friend if I left you so indecisive.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I still haven’t voted because I now want to choose “as long as it takes and “not willing to wait”.

No one says I have to like waiting even if I will 🤔

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Too theoretical. We need boots on the ground choices, not pie in the sky.:rolleyes:

Because I person has to make a serious choice in life. I would be a bad friend if I left you so indecisive.
Waiting isn’t a choice, it’s a commitment to be miserable about someone else who has your dime 😫

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt
158 Posts
I’m only 4 months in on a three year lease. I voted for 6 months, which for me really means ‘up to 6 months max’. Right now, I’m waiting to get the official word from GM in October (if they keep to their word of course) regarding our path forward (and options for getting out). There are other EV’s that I would gladly move onto in early 2022, which would allow me to get some incentives that I’m no longer eligible for in 2021. Those EV’s would all cost more, but I can’t drive a hobbled vehicle that must be parked outside for the next 2+ years. That’s not what I signed up for. It saddens me because I really love the car.

·
Registered
Premier, Yo, with every goodie!
1,335 Posts
Don't understand the question.

Wait?
Or what?
What else can you do?

Some may have qualified for some sort of buyback, but that is not available to all.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Waiting isn’t a choice, it’s a commitment to be miserable about someone else who has your dime 😫
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

Of course, some will retort Hamlet was not a happy person alone with his thoughts.

jack vines, who still loves his Bolt, has lost no utility, nor any sleep; just lucky, I guess.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Don't understand the question.

Wait?
Or what?
What else can you do?

Some may have qualified for some sort of buyback, but that is not available to all.
GM monitoring the poll could use it to check the temperature of their customers.

I will let them know that I am waiting (for now) to find out what the conclusion/solution is before I pass judgment, but I most definitely do so with zero acceptance of the situation I have been put in, and I can change my mind about it almost daily.

“All of the above” is a valid choice because it tells GM where I am at.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I could suffer it out but only would if GM said it was really going to be 6 months or less, if they could somehow convince me it wasn't BS. But as a 2017 owner I already know it will be longer than that in real life so I'll continue the buyback path.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts