Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
While readings posts I keep getting pop ups that say I won something from amazon com, it is so annoying. Using my Iphone. Have to close either safari or chrome and start all over. Anyone else having this problem.
Don't have an iPhone, but noticed the website has a lot more ads when not logged in. I've never gotten a popup though.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I get it EVERY time I use the site. It never happens until I choose a thread, then always. You cannot back out or end the loop. I enter the ...Bolt.org url again and buy myself 30 seconds of reading. This is a ONLY on the iPad, not the desktop. If not fixed soon, I may have to abandon the site.

It is not just a “pop up”, it is a scam, malware, a virus!!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Desktop site is fine with Adblock plus , phone on Android I get the "free.amazon.giftcard" pop up all the time now, makes this site unusable from my phone

·
Registered
676 Posts
I got those when browsing on my phone last night as well. Practically makes this site useless on an iphone. Today I'm reading on a PC and not getting those doggone popups.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am not experiencing this problem on my iPad with the latest system so it's not inevitable. There are ad blockers for Safari on the iPhone and iPad in the app store. I turn off all the Safari settings about tracking etc. and have moved to DuckDuckGo instead of Google.

·
Registered
78 Posts
After I started using Firefox on my iPhone, I no longer get those scam pop-ups. When I was still using Safari, I had to use the desktop page, rather than the mobile option. Otherwise I would get the pop-ups every few minutes. It would make the forums unusable.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Adblock Plus on the PC here, Ublock Origin on the laptop out at the ranch. Firefox on both. I've never seen a popup, or a 'hot link word' or whatever that's called.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
AdBlock Plus reports 34 ads blocked on this page, with no popups. Running FireFox on a Win10 laptop. All up to date.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
AdBlock Plus (free version) shows 10 ads on this page, but it blocks all pop-ups.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
You mean I really didn’t win?

Good thing I have that email from that Nigerian Prince as a backup. Always willing to lend royalty a hand.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
^ Oh, I guess he finally got email service in his country... he used to send me faxes back in the day ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts