Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Another outfit spewing about the future. But nothing to sell today. Note the “media kit” download.

Akin to VW’s pitch, probably has a lot to do with trying to help the parent company out of dieselgate era. Might as well go E now you’ve killed diesel in Europe especially.

Wanna bet that when their electric car finally arrives. You’ll have the opportunity to purchase for a mere $3000 option cost, the pour-shah “E” logo on the wheel caps.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Porsche isn't the only luxury sports car manufacturer getting into the EV game: Ferrari is committed as well.

http://autoweek.com/article/rumormill/ferrari-goes-electric-sergio-plans-electric-supercar

The concept of maximum power off the line can be very appealing. Just ask any Bolt owner.
Everyone seems to forget the Rimac Concept One and they will be announcing the second version in march.

- EV's are coming and fast, in Trumpland no so much and when he gets rid of fleet efficiencies and CARB etc EV's will be relegated to the dustbin and Tesla will go broke because no manufacturer will need to buy his CARB credits.
- China is the driving force in EV adoption and ye who sell in china must abide by state rules.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Everyone seems to forget the Rimac Concept One and they will be announcing the second version in march.

- EV's are coming and fast, in Trumpland no so much and when he gets rid of fleet efficiencies and CARB etc EV's will be relegated to the dustbin and Tesla will go broke because no manufacturer will need to buy his CARB credits.
- China is the driving force in EV adoption and ye who sell in china must abide by state rules.
I was wondering how you were going to spin this thread into a jab against Tesla. For one who doesn't give a whit about Tesla, you do mention them a lot.
Trump wasn't elected for life.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Back to the original topic, we can't overlook the fact that Porsche, a German company, is staring at a German government that has mandated EV-only sales in Germany as of 2030. Most of the EU is following suit by 2040. That just might have something to do with their newfound religion.

·
Registered
421 Posts

...EV's will be relegated to the dustbin...
Do you actually own and drive an EV? It's a rare person who can spend any time at all driving quietly, smoothly and effieciently in an EV and declare that EV's will be relegated to the Great Dustbin in the Sky.

When ICE owners wake up to the fact that the up front cost of an EV is more than offset by the lack of oil changes, brake jobs, tuneups, hose failures and any of the hundreds of other mechanical failures that have plagued the ICE owner since Henry Ford first started rolling Model T's off the assembly line, it will be ICE's that will be duly relegated to the dustbin.

·
Registered
105 Posts
One interesting thing to note is that part of the DieselGate settlement is that VW Co need to pay huge money and build a nationwide charging infrastructure ... How convenient that VW (and its companies) will now have a charge network to rival or even beat our friends at Tesla.

I love my Bolt ... but in about 5 years when I retire and need a car I don't need to commute in it will most likely be a Mission e.
I'll keep my vintage Porsches and maybe one of the track cars but I really like the direction it is going.
& I am on an advisory team for PCNA (Porsche Cars North America) and they seem to be listening.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.