Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Launch Edition
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I came across some information for Floridian's that have Duke Energy. Duke as a program that rolled out last month for a $10 EV monthly charging credit if you ONLY charge during off-peak times @home. The program is called, "Duke EV Money Back" (PDF attached) and can be found using this link.

Please note, the blue button "APPLY NOW" does NOT work on the main page! As you read, the "Eligibility" tab has a link to the application under the second bullet, or by clicking here. You'll need to send them a copy of your cars vehicle registration, as well as screenshots of your off-peak charger settings. I chose to send images from the cars display and from my Wallbox charger scheduling screen.

I found all this when researching Duke's website for going solar. I hope this helps some!

Attachments

·
Administrator
4,340 Posts
Seems a bit odd to pay you $10/mo for a one time screenshot.

There are a number of ways they can track actual charging times and use, including OnStar API services.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It's not a one time screenshot. They have smart meters and can tell when an EV is charging remotely.
so, $10 a month discount is fine, but if you screw up, and they detect it, there is a penalty that offsets it, and you pay a higher rate that month for your charging. So one or two screwups a year would likely end up costing you way more than the monthly discount.

I saw that deal and said nope........
$10 a month is not enough discount for me to give up ability to charge whenever I want to.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT, 2021 Kona EV SEL
2,612 Posts
It's not a one time screenshot. They have smart meters and can tell when an EV is charging remotely.
so, $10 a month discount is fine, but if you screw up, and they detect it, there is a penalty that offsets it, and you pay a higher rate that month for your charging. So one or two screwups a year would likely end up costing you way more than the monthly discount.

I saw that deal and said nope........
$10 a month is not enough discount for me to give up ability to charge whenever I want to.
$10 a month is actually a pretty sizeable discount, they should scale it to usage but when you consider 200 kWh x $.05 = $10 you realize it's actually not bad. If you put on 8,000 miles a year, that's a $.05 / kWh discount. If you do 4,000 miles a year it's $.10 /kWh discount.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Launch Edition
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all is your wonderful insights, both good and bad... Duke finally got back with my application and said they already reached their quota of customers needed for the program. I tried calling for further information and was told it was set up for a small group of trial users, but she couldn't tell me how many that was. Best of luck for anyone elses app!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts