Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Chevy Bolt EV Premier
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight while checking the myChevrolet app I noticed Vehicle Status said immediate attention.
Went in there and there were no diagnostic issues. I then saw a warning on the Schedule and Manage Service tab. Under there is a new alert on a recall for the front left side caliper.
Apparently some of them where casted wrong and you need to bring it in for service to see if you have one of the bad ones. They will replace if the lot on the caliper is within the range. Has anyone else seen this? It just showed up for me tonight.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just checked the app, no recalls listed for my 2020.
The odd part is that it does not show up in the normal section you check for recalls at. It showed up under “Schedule and Manage Service”.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oddly enough as I check it this morning the warning is gone from both of the places I found it last night (see screen shots). Looks like it could have been an early indication of an upcoming recall or some kind of app anomaly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tonight while checking the myChevrolet app I noticed Vehicle Status said immediate attention.
View attachment 32416 Went in there and there were no diagnostic issues. I then saw a warning on the Schedule and Manage Service tab. Under there is a new alert on a recall for the front left side caliper.
View attachment 32417 Apparently some of them where casted wrong and you need to bring it in for service to see if you have one of the bad ones. They will replace if the lot on the caliper is within the range. Has anyone else seen this? It just showed up for me tonight.
Think this was triggered by the brake caliper issue I encountered with my 2020 Opel Ampera-e. After only couple of months a hole
20200820_080220.jpg
20200820_080224.jpg
20200812_142558.jpg
20200820_080224.jpg
20200820_080220.jpg
was visible in the caliper! Dealer changed directly under warranty.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Think this was triggered by the brake caliper issue I encountered with my 2020 Opel Ampera-e. After only couple of months a hole
Wow that’s bad. It was very strange that it showed up late at night, the day before a major holiday and was gone the next day. Almost like they have this recall queued up and ready to go however someone pulled the trigger too soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I saw this link posted on Reddit:
This recall is only for the front left caliper. (Re: the post from @DC1969, I guess the Ampera-E's front calipers are swapped around?)

I have a 2020 Bolt and I was able to take a clear picture of the lot number on mine by turning the steering all the way to the left. Thankfully, I don't have the bad lot number listed in the document.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts