Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Nov build
7,878 Posts
Could it be repricing back up due to imminent passing of BBB? Latest news is that union built gets dropped but perhaps $7,500 back for all... now that Ford and Toyota are on board and lobbying for it despite saying it was not necessary previously.

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
We need better acronyms. Everytime I see BBB, I think Better Business Bureau. You wouldn't believe how long I thought people were talking about the Bureau of Land Management.

Someone once asked me if I was into MAGA, and I thought they were talking about Japanese anime or something.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Someone once asked me if I was into MAGA, and I thought they were talking about Japanese anime or something.
On that note, we used to FANG or FAANG stocks (Facebook, Apple or Amazon, Netflix, Google). Now that FB has become META, we have finally have this:
Hairstyle Cartoon Organism Font Art

This came out I think the day FB announced their name change to Meta Platforms.

Awhile, back, I learned from the TWiT podcast (This Week in Tech | A Weekly Podcast Covering the Latest Trends in Technology | TWiT | TWiT.TV) about G MAFIA and BAT FANG stocks. On CNBC (IIRC), some analysts talk about FANGMAN stocks.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT, 2021 Kona EV SEL
2,251 Posts
Y’all are getting so lucky. Wish I’d have picked up a new Bolt for $23k and then given a new battery.
It's stupid. Very few of us are lucky, we're just less screwed. If your car was new when this all went down you didn't have any time driving the great Bolt at full capacity and the 'compensation' reflects that.

They're following lemon laws, right? Those laws are scaled pretty much universally. People like me who bought right before are going to wind up in a new car at best of the same value. How is that unfair? We never owned a new car.

People like you who still have their Bolts are getting just as good of a deal. You had maybe 60k miles and 3 years and now you're getting into a brand new car for a few grand. You've beat the depreciation factor by several orders of magnitude.

So far I've seen one guy come on the board who was I like, "wow this guy made out like a bandit and suffered nothing" and that was the dude who came in at the very beginning, swapped into a Colorado and then swapped right into the same year and mileage Bolt and pocketed $17,000. I'm sure you remember that guy. Do you know of anyone else who you can say, "this guy got way more than they deserved."? I really can't. A lot of people are ending up at various degrees of placation to, "this was great!" to "it was annoying but I'm ok in the end" and then there are some of us who are like, "I just want this to be over already."

It could change from this point on, but I dunno. I've ordered a 2023 and with the $6,300 I think I'll have finally passed into the black enough to be like, "yeah I'm getting a deal." But before it was really just getting into an equivalent car because of how the market was working. The $23,000 is a mirage because you're not getting a new Bolt at $23,000 and you still need to drive a car. You really didn't get anything of value out of this before the price drop.

So I hold my breath that maybe I'll feel like a winner. But if I do take delivery of that 2023, it will be over 1 year of 50% SOC except for emergencies for $6,300 during the largest depreciation hit for a car. It's still not as good of a deal as it sounds. I still feel like it's only in the realm of fair and not some kind of 1-up over GM.

·
Registered
215 Posts
In the 1970's, who cared if the Pinto was a good deal or a bad deal - it's a Pinto. Who cared if it has a new gas tank that doesn't erupt into flames, it's still a Pinto. Part of buying a car, is pride of ownership - and with everything that has happened, I can't really say that I have any left - regardless of new batteries, swaps or the deals. It's still a Bolt. Now the cheapest EV on Earth (edit: for a reason). That is not what I signed up for.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
1,356 Posts
and the 'compensation' reflects that.
I'm still waiting for GM to provide me with some sort of compensation. A new battery doesn't provide me with anything, as it will have the same range my original battery had. I'm dealing with an 80% charge limitation to be allowed to park and charge indoors. GM hasn't given as much as a nickel for any of it.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT, 2021 Kona EV SEL
2,251 Posts
(Should we tell him?) ;)
Yeah yeah I meant him plural (who didn't have a '21/'22 bought in August) and totally screwed that up heh.

I'm still waiting for GM to provide me with some sort of compensation. A new battery doesn't provide me with anything, as it will have the same range my original battery had. I'm dealing with an 80% charge limitation to be allowed to park and charge indoors. GM hasn't given as much as a nickel for any of it.
I'm super curious where you guys end up. This could exceed the VW deal as a definite upper end of possibilities. I do believe the awards there weren't punitive, the punitive part of the entire deal we see manifested before us in the form of Electrify America. VW people ultimately had a completely functioning car in the end. Your day to day wasn't impacted, only your wallet (less gas mileage, less performing car for the dollar). Here, this is different. The actual impact it's had on peoples lives and all those angry people like me who are going to choose to fight instead of just be like, "whatever, I'm out, who cares"?

My prediction? Not "Price is Right" rules but trying to find the middle ground to where I think you "we took the battery and waited for the class action" will net out?

• $15-20,000 cash or towards a new GM vehicle
  • You get to keep your current car with the battery
    • -or- Swap into new GM vehicle for MSRP (at a later date, huge value here)
  • +any additional provisions from particularly annoying state AGs
So in the end, the patient people I predict will wind up the most whole. I think it'll look like the above +/- $10,000 total compensation in the end.

·
Registered
215 Posts
From my dealer just now:
GM stopped production of the Chevrolet Bolt and Blazer and the Cadillac CT4 and CT5 Blackwing.
No reason given. No word if, or when, production will restart.

So, it appears it is not a Stop Sale, per se.

·
Registered
Premier, Yo, with every goodie!
1,973 Posts
...- regardless of new batteries, swaps or the deals. It's still a Bolt. Now the cheapest EV on Earth. That is not what I signed up for.
I like the Bolt I bought used several years ago. It's a great EV! And at a bargain price!
New bigger pack with a new warranty! Not a great Road Trip EV, but it can do that job. Love it!(y)

I understand it's a problem for those owners who are still driving a 'self-limiting' Bolt while waiting for their turn at getting the new pack.
What sort of compensation would be fair?
I had to limit myself for X amount of time. (did I really follow those rules? :unsure: )
The last to get their pack replaced will be limited the most amount of time.
So this compensation should a sliding scale, no?

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT Cayenne Orange Metallic
1,131 Posts
From my dealer just now:
GM stopped production of the Chevrolet Bolt and Blazer and the Cadillac CT4 and CT5 Blackwing.
No reason given. No word if, or when, production will restart.

So, it appears it is not a Stop Sale, per se.
I wonder if it's the normal shutdown for the MY changeover. Production of MY 2023 Bolts is set to begin July 21st. This seems a bit soon though since the car is essentially unchanged.

Reactions: Jim99
1 - 20 of 73 Posts