41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Someone in a Bolt group at
Code:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/boltevowners/permalink/1900684296794232
today said:
"Dealer says "field action that we have to take care of and it needs to go through a process where we inspect the vehicle to make sure that the factory did their job and is safe to operate". This is regarding a "tagged" '22 EUV that "arrived at the shop yesterday".

·
Registered
880 Posts
It's stupid. Very few of us are lucky, we're just less screwed. If your car was new when this all went down you didn't have any time driving the great Bolt at full capacity and the 'compensation' reflects that.
Ah, fellow 2021 Bolt owner. I think you and I will be using our recalled Bolts for a year more before we get our batteries. So we get about 2 years out of our "bad" batteries. I'd say that's pretty good!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Someone in a Bolt group at
Code:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/boltevowners/permalink/1900684296794232
today said:
"Dealer says "field action that we have to take care of and it needs to go through a process where we inspect the vehicle to make sure that the factory did their job and is safe to operate". This is regarding a "tagged" '22 EUV that "arrived at the shop yesterday".
Can't be having wheels fall off like the bz4x.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
1,345 Posts
Isn't the 80% charge limit really optional too?
Depends on your point of view. If you follow GM guidelines, you can charge to 90%, but you can't let the range go below 70 miles. You can't park or charge indoors. Some public and private parking lots won't permit the car on the lot. Yes, I realize those are all recommendations, but it's what was publicized.

I took the 80% charge limit to allow me to put the car in the garage and charge it overnight, during my utility's recommended time periods. I've also gone as low as 20 miles of range remaining on a couple of trips. The software is also supposed to potentially catch a defective battery and move the car higher in the queue. Doesn't look like that's an issue, but they won't remove the patch to give me back 100% charging.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm still waiting for GM to provide me with some sort of compensation. A new battery doesn't provide me with anything, as it will have the same range my original battery had. I'm dealing with an 80% charge limitation to be allowed to park and charge indoors. GM hasn't given as much as a nickel for any of it.
Did you seek compensation? GM is not going to knock on your door.

·
Registered
139 Posts
In the 1970's, who cared if the Pinto was a good deal or a bad deal - it's a Pinto. Who cared if it has a new gas tank that doesn't erupt into flames, it's still a Pinto. Part of buying a car, is pride of ownership - and with everything that has happened, I can't really say that I have any left - regardless of new batteries, swaps or the deals. It's still a Bolt. Now the cheapest EV on Earth. That is not what I signed up for.
LOLWUT? Never thought Bolt owners wanted any more prestige than owning an EV brings. It was never a luxury car and there should be no stigma about it being the cheapest. Opening the market up to everyday drivers is a good thing. I roll my eyes now every time someone suggests that an EV invariably means an expensive car and the 2023 Bolt EV 1LT MSRP is the main reason. It’s making them look like fools… not us.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT, 2021 Kona EV SEL
2,226 Posts
but you can't let the range go below 70 miles.
My favorite part about this is that it's based on nothing. 70 miles in winter is 50%. 70 miles in summer is 25%.

Wouldn't the real thing to do be keep it between 20-80%? Oh wait, I forgot, GM doesn't give us % and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that and I'm the only person in the entire world who thinks it's ludicrous you can't get that kind of measurement anywhere.

Regardless "70 miles" is not a measure. Unless we're saying the guess-o-meter, is certain-o-meter now, this number is pretty meaningless.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Well on a different note, the Busy Forks and Solterra also have a stop sale/recall with a do not drive warning because the wheels might fall off. Fun stuff.
Do you have a Toyota BZ4X or Solterra?
It sounded like he listed 2 dealerships. This is what you get when you marry someone from Western PA. Forks for sure was a town-thing in my head lol.

It would seem like I wasn't alone btw in making this mistake heh.

·
Registered
37 Posts
General Motors will shut down Factory Zero in Detroit for four weeks, starting June 27, to prep it for the production of more battery-electric vehicles, including the new Silverado EV pickup. Currently it builds only the GMC Hummer pickup.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
General Motors will shut down Factory Zero in Detroit for four weeks, starting June 27, to prep it for the production of more battery-electric vehicles, including the new Silverado EV pickup. Currently it builds only the GMC Hummer pickup.
But nothing to do with Orion?

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
1,345 Posts
Did you seek compensation? GM is not going to knock on your door.
Why not? VW offered their initial compensation without me taking any action, and the final buyback was also offered without me making any prior contact. GM knows who owns each car, when they got it, and what effect their restrictions have caused. They know fully well the impact the battery issue has caused owners.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Why not? VW offered their initial compensation without me taking any action, and the final buyback was also offered without me making any prior contact. GM knows who owns each car, when they got it, and what effect their restrictions have caused. They know fully well the impact the battery issue has caused owners.
This. If there's a settlement the lawyers will seek you out. Obsessively. They get paid based on how many of us get paid in these agreements.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier NOV22Batch
207 Posts
LOLWUT? Never thought Bolt owners wanted any more prestige than owning an EV brings. It was never a luxury car and there should be no stigma about it being the cheapest. Opening the market up to everyday drivers is a good things. I roll my eyes now every time someone suggests that an EV invariablt means an expensive car and the 2023 Bolt EV 1LT MSRP is the main reason. It’s making them look like fools… not us.
Wow. Slapped me around pretty good. Thx. My opinion was driven by the economics of the situation, not self preening or prestige needs. I won't take up your time explaining why the Bolt is now priced the way it is...as Lyric and Hummer prices were just raised. Again, not what I signed up for.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Wow. Slapped me around pretty good. Thx. My opinion was driven by the economics of the situation, not self preening or prestige needs. I won't take up your time explaining why the Bolt is now priced the way it is...as Lyric and Hummer prices were just raised. Again, not what I signed up for.
I was just responding to the insinuation that there was some problem with it being the cheapest EV.

“It's still a Bolt. Now the cheapest EV on Earth. That is not what I signed up for.”

As for the rest of the Ford Pinto-like stigma, I understand, but one could argue that EVs of all kinds are notorious for battery recalls, fires, and premature failure/degradation. Heck, even the original hybrids from 20 years ago, like the Honda Insight had problems with premature battery wear that Honda had to replace. With the new Mustang Mach-e recall and a new Tesla battery fire in the headlines every week, I don’t think the repaired Bolt deserves any more notoriety for battery issues than the industry as a whole. At least they identified the issue and are making it right. It wasn’t even GM’s fault.

If you are complaining that the lower MSRP will inevitably lower the resale value, well, yeah… I failed to consider that might be your issue. Historically EVs did not hold as much value due to market perceptions about used batteries and there have been large MSRP drops in the past, so I wouldn’t expect a Bolt owner to consider resale value like an investment asset. I’m shocked that they could lower it with the inflation and parts shortages we are seeing (probably what made the Lyric/Hummer go up).

In some ways I feel we are inviting the Bolt-specific stigma by accepting comparisons to the Pinto and not pushing back to change public perception.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Back on topic a minute- I'm really confused, anyone else?
  1. Is there a stop sale on the Chevy Bolt?
  2. Why?
I feel like this happening 3 days ago, we should have more information.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Back on topic a minute- I'm really confused, anyone else?
  1. Is there a stop sale on the Chevy Bolt?
  2. Why?
I feel like this happening 3 days ago, we should have more information.
I called my dealer this morning (I'm waiting on mine to be built next week) and he said he's not heard of any stop sales or pauses in production. Not saying there isn't, just relaying what he told me.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I've asked my RC about the stop sale yesterday I was hearing about and got no reply.

Doesn't appear to be. It would be well publicized if it were the case.
Exactly what I was thinking. I'm personally going to consider this false for now I guess. A Bolt stop sale would have brought on the piranhas in the media pretty instantly.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts