Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
You can always post in the URL, can't you? It just doesn't become a link?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
There should be a little button in the post box that looks like the planet and you can paste your link there. I don't think you need a certain amount of post count for that, well as far as I know anyways.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I noticed that I started as a "junior member', progressed to "member", and am now a "senior member". I presume this is based on post count, as "Join Date" does not seem correlated, and I first noticed the "Sr. Mem." designation just after 100 posts. I do post more than some, but try not to be trivial. I have a great interest, a lot of questions, and do try to be helpful when I think I have something to contribute. Can anyone (Sr. Administrator?) outline the various stages of membership and the rights "earned" by advancement? I am afraid I am not "techie" enough to know how to post a link. (I just figured out "Quote" a few weeks ago.) And I can barely walk my way through adding a picture or "dragging" a file.

Speaking of questions, I have perused the Owners Manual "fairly well" and cannot seem to find "hilltop reserve". I looked in the "Charging" section, and it is NOT in the Index (which is pretty lame, if you ask me). I think I read it somewhere (maybe only in the forum). Any guidance is appreciated.

Lastly, as I learn, I do try to correct anything I have posted in error out of my ignorance or inexperience. Case in point: I stated that charging with hilltop reserve did NOT set the energy used and miles driven "since last 'full' charge" back to zero. I was wrong and hope to allay the spread of misinformation. Sorry for my blunder.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
I noticed that I started as a "junior member', progressed to "member", and am now a "senior member". I presume this is based on post count, as "Join Date" does not seem correlated, and I first noticed the "Sr. Mem." designation just after 100 posts. I do post more than some, but try not to be trivial. I have a great interest, a lot of questions, and do try to be helpful when I think I have something to contribute. Can anyone (Sr. Administrator?) outline the various stages of membership and the rights "earned" by advancement? I am afraid I am not "techie" enough to know how to post a link. (I just figured out "Quote" a few weeks ago.) And I can barely walk my way through adding a picture or "dragging" a file.

Speaking of questions, I have perused the Owners Manual "fairly well" and cannot seem to find "hilltop reserve". I looked in the "Charging" section, and it is NOT in the Index (which is pretty lame, if you ask me). I think I read it somewhere (maybe only in the forum). Any guidance is appreciated.

Lastly, as I learn, I do try to correct anything I have posted in error out of my ignorance or inexperience. Case in point: I stated that charging with hilltop reserve did NOT set the energy used and miles driven "since last 'full' charge" back to zero. I was wrong and hope to allay the spread of misinformation. Sorry for my blunder.
You're right, it's hard to find. One would think it would be under some sort of charging settings, but it's actually under "energy" settings. Hilltop mode can be accessed on the energy page. Push the green energy button, then push the energy settings button which is that sort of U-turn looking thing up in the top left corner. Then scroll through the settings options on the right until you find Hilltop Reserve and then select the option you want. The instructions for this are on page 132 of the owner's manual.

Hope this helps!

As to the member titles, it means nothing really. There are no unlocked rewards or abilities. It's just a way to give members a bit of prestige for their participation in the forums. It is tied to post count and not join date. I have no idea what comes up next as the post counts continue to go up. We'll all find out together!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Hilltop mode can be accessed on the energy page. ... The instructions for this are on page 132 of the owner's manual.
Thanks. I found it in the car and set it to "On". I just could not "re-find" it on p 132 with its referral to p 212 & its referral to p 124. I am now going to readjust it to "Home only".

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Stop padding you post count surgeon... or is it Sir Surgeon now? :D
Since there are no "benies" to having a higher post count, it is just more work! And that's "retired-old-bald man-bicycling-EV-operating-surgeon" to all who know me. After 40 years of being a "knife man", I now get more gray hairs being a University instructor!!:nerd:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts