Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
441 - 460 of 1175 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
I got my letter on 11/15. I had to call 4 dealers before I found one to do the replacement (all listed as "Bolt EV/EUV Recall Certified". Here is my list of the Suffolk County NY dealers that I called:

ARNOLD CHEVROLET BUICK (Bolt purchased here): They wanted to take the battery out and then order the replacement. No loaners, but the concierge would pay for a rental, I still didn't want to just go with them.

ROBERT CHEVROLET: Service advisor didn't seem to know about recall. He read the recall notice and called me back to say he wasn't equipped to perform it.

NORTH SHORE CHEVROLET OF SMITHTOWN: They are doing recalls, ordering the battery first. However they will only do vehicles purchased from them, currently.

ATLANTIC CHEVROLET: They gave me an appt for 12/6. They will not give me a ride home or provide loaner. I have no experience with this dealer. I checked the google reviews and they seem to be good for a car stealer. I suppose I will still need the rental car unless the weather is good enough to bike to work.

• Sad
Reactions: cwerdna

·
Registered
781 Posts
When populating the contact list, the manufacturer (GM or otherwise) pulls information from several locations including internal databases and state DMV records. Most of the time, the right person gets notified. Sometimes....
He just got another recall update on the Bolt he sold over a year ago…. And I have never gotten anything on the used Bolt I bought. I guess the previous owner is still getting the recall notices on mine.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I know it's been a long and ugly ordeal for you. Here's to seeing at least one part of that story's end in sight.
It was certainly harder than it needed to be IMO.

In the end I have an EUV still on order I was hoping to do a MSRP swap for, so who knows what 2022 will bring. Currently my car is back home with a new battery, and winter tires on it for driving to work next week!

I'm hoping that after a few charge cycles the range comes up (BMS still needs to learn perhaps), because I've got less range coming out with a new battery than I had going in with the old!

·
Registered
12/16 build, 2017, white LT
12,196 Posts
I'm hoping that after a few charge cycles the range comes up (BMS still needs to learn perhaps), because I've got less range coming out with a new battery than I had going in with the old!
Cold weather, snow tires, YMMV, etc. Do you have Torque Pro? I can't imagine getting a new battery and not looking to see what the official GM Ah PID says. It determines your warranty, after all.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Circle

·
Registered
2019 Bolt LT
3 Posts
@boltage: Feel free to add me to the "replacement not yet available" list. Here are my details: 2019; US-built battery; Build date: 05/19; Usage pattern: Consistently charged between 30% - 75%; never DCFC'ed. I checked my status today, 11/21/21.

Thanks so much for maintaining the list!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Cold weather, snow tires, YMMV, etc. Do you have Torque Pro? I can't imagine getting a new battery and not looking to see what the official GM Ah PID says. It determines your warranty, after all.

View attachment 38900
I have and use TorquePro for other things... I've never got the imported file to work correctly to identify the PIDs on my Bolt for some reason. I suspect it's because I've got other custom stuff loaded for my autocross and track cars and haven't merged things correctly.

When I picked up my car (still on stock tires) it was fully charged and showed 198 miles. I put the snow tires on it later in the day (yesterday) and drove around a bit today. By the app it shows 3.8 mi/kWh for the 67 miles I've driven it since picking it up yesterday which is basically a little over 200 miles of range under today's driving conditions, temperature, etc. I'll get a better idea after my commute this week and a charging cycle each day if there's any learning taking place.

Guess I'll go back to the thread and see if I can download the file and get things imported into TorquePro and see what things look like.

·
Registered
12/16 build, 2017, white LT
12,196 Posts
I have and use TorquePro for other things...
You should be able to just go from the main screen tool icon to Settings/Manage extra PIDs/Add custom PID, and fill in the blanks for the Ah PID.

!Battery - Pack - Capacity Ah Raw 2019+
Bat Cap Raw
2245F9
((A*256)+B)/100
Ah
7E4

·
Registered
480 Posts
You should be able to just go from the main screen tool icon to Settings/Manage extra PIDs/Add custom PID, and fill in the blanks for the Ah PID.

!Battery - Pack - Capacity Ah Raw 2019+
Bat Cap Raw
2245F9
((A*256)+B)/100
Ah
7E4
@GJETSON

I'm sure there's answers in the 75+ pages of the PID thread, but I've not searched through it to find it. In the past (and again just now) I've downloaded the CSV file, I share it with Torque and the list shows up. I can scroll through all of the PIDs from the Google Sheet, but 95+% of them are inactive (not green in Torque), so I can't see data. Same problem I had some time ago when I tried getting the information to display on the infotainment screen while on track so I could monitor temperatures of the motor and battery pack to diagnose why I was getting reduced power error message.

Communication Device Portable communications device Mobile device Gadget Font
Grey Font Screenshot Gadget Technology

·
Registered
480 Posts
One thing with the PIDs is not to load them into a spreadsheet program, because that may change some of the values incorrectly.
If that response was for me, thank you... but that's not the issue here, or it shouldn't be. I downloaded the file via my phone, shared it directly with Torque, and this is the unfortunate result. Appreciate the heads up, but I believe I've followed the instructions (always could be wrong).

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well dang...dropped off at 7:30, called at 12:30 that they are done and it is on the fast charger and ready to go.

5 hours!

I told them I am impressed, and they told me their guy is fast and has done like 20....so I guess being the 7th was not correct.

Of course if the battery falls out I'll let everybody know...fast is good, doing it right is obviously more important :)

·
Registered
2020 Bolt LT
24 Posts
Wow! 5 hours. And 20 replacements already. I was not expecting that.

That is actually encouraging, that with some experience, things can move pretty fast. Maybe it won't be 2023 after all when my 2020 gets its replacement.

Do you mind if I ask where the dealer is located?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Wow! 5 hours. And 20 replacements already. I was not expecting that.

That is actually encouraging, that with some experience, things can move pretty fast. Maybe it won't be 2023 after all when my 2020 gets its replacement.

Do you mind if I ask where the dealer is located?
Albuquerque, New Mexico, so not a big coastal city.

441 - 460 of 1175 Posts