Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
821 - 840 of 920 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dang, is this the only dealer in the area?
Maybe another one has more experience and can do more than 'one per week'. It's not a long job.... :rolleyes:
I'm in Central Virginia, so I'm pretty sure the one per week is about what the demand is (not a lot of Bolts). I could have gotten it either of the first two Mondays in February, but the 3rd worked better. I'm really in no rush since the car meets all my needs even with the current recall restrictions.

The only other dealer within 30 minutes has a poorly managed service department, so I can't trust they will not give me another horror story like others on the forum.

·
Registered
12/16 build, 2017, white LT
11,196 Posts
I'm in Central Virginia, so I'm pretty sure the one per week is about what the demand is (not a lot of Bolts). I could have gotten it either of the first two Mondays in February, but the 3rd worked better. I'm really in no rush since the car meets all my needs even with the current recall restrictions.

The only other dealer within 30 minutes has a poorly managed service department, so I can't trust they will not give me another horror story like others on the forum.
We are in central Virginia too. Please keep us posted on your experience. Was riding my electric assist cargo bike on Christmas Eve day, and saw a Bolt, and a Model S, within a few miles of each other. Both parked and charging in the driveway, out here in the middle of absolutely nowhere!

·
Registered
101 Posts
My status so far:
Recall number changed to 881 on 12/3 but I wasn't able to do anything due to waiting for unrelated collision repairs. Finally got my car back 1/10. The first dealer I talked to wants to have my car on their lot, and me driving a loaner, while waiting for the battery to arrive (they estimated 3 weeks), which is ridiculous. Second dealer wanted me to show up in person for them to order the battery (I know this is a dumb requirement but I didn't have the energy to fight) but they will let me take the car back during the wait. Luckily only a 10 min drive from work.

I had my appointment today, and of course I was in and out in 15 minutes after they looked at the VIN and decided everything checked out. Now just waiting for battery shipment!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I received a letter yesterday advising me to contact my preferred dealer to get my battery replacement process going.
Going to contact my local dealer to see if they are able (trained) to do the swap. I'd do it myself if they would allow that.

·
Registered
'17 Premier, Nightfall Gray Metallic
42 Posts
Received my letter via US Mail on 12/17/21. I already knew from the recall website that my status had switched to "Incomplete". I scheduled the repair for last Thursday, 1/6/22, and was quoted 3-4 days for the swap, as they had the HV batteries in stock. Had to reschedule due to a pending COVID test that kept me grounded until I fortunately received a negative result. Rescheduled for this past Monday, 1/10/22. Took it into the dealer in the morning, quoted "3 or 4 days"; haven't heard a thing since. Tomorrow will be Day 5. I don't think they even touched the car for at least two days, as through yesterday I could see via the app that the SOC hadn't changed (41%, and purposely not charged and driven down to not waste money charging a battery about to go bye-bye) and I could even see via Vehicle Locate that it was sitting on their lot (technology can be a useful thing, LOL). Today it looks like they've at least begun the service.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'm in Central Virginia, so I'm pretty sure the one per week is about what the demand is (not a lot of Bolts).
I'm in Culpeper and the Chevy dealer in Town doesn't even show up anymore on the list of Chevrolet dealers if you're searching for EV service.

Closest to me is Country Chevrolet in Warrenton, where I bought the car.

I wonder whether some Chevrolet dealers who were resistant to EV are being culled and bought back, in a fashion similar to what GM is doing with recusant Cadillac dealers.

·
Registered
320 Posts
...haven't heard a thing since. Tomorrow will be Day 5. I don't think they even touched the car for at least two days, as through yesterday I could see via the app that the SOC hadn't changed (41%, and purposely not charged and driven down to not waste money charging a battery about to go bye-bye) and I could even see via Vehicle Locate that it was sitting on their lot (technology can be a useful thing, LOL). Today it looks like they've at least begun the service.
I'll presume to suggest that they might've been hit with their own Covid protocols.

How did you know they started? Your MyChevrolet app panicked with all kinds of warnings?

·
Registered
'17 Premier, Nightfall Gray Metallic
42 Posts
I'll presume to suggest that they might've been hit with their own Covid protocols.

How did you know they started? Your MyChevrolet app panicked with all kinds of warnings?
I don’t, officially. No panics or anything, just couldn’t get a SOC status, and Vehicle Locate failed and then took a very long time after failing to find the vehicle. I do have random trouble getting SOC status, it’s been an issue for a long time, but in this case I could get both the SOC status and locate the vehicle for 2 full days, and when I had trouble getting both I just assumed the work had begun.

Of course, you’re right about them being impacted by COVID. I last had it in the dealer in October and they had it for a solid week for the blessed iBooster patch (a solid year of tapping…), routine maintenance including the then-current software patch, and an attempt to diagnose the random disconnects with the app. OnStar support had suggested to me that I replace the antenna, but the dealer simply did a full reset of the infotainment system. It helped, but the disconnects still happen (though less frequently) and I get a message to go and restart the car to re-establish the connection—which defeats the purpose…

I’ll keep you posted on when the work has been completed (I’m hoping it will be today).

I’m in Los Angeles and the dealer is in the suburbs.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
700 Posts
We are closing Air Traffic Control facilities all over the place for COVID cleaning or because of reduced staffing due to COVID. Fortunately the cleaning crews have gotten so good at it that most facilities are only closed for a couple of hours, and it's done during slow traffic periods. But this new variant has really ramped them back up after tapering down to almost nothing. Hopefully it won't last much longer.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Just got the call. Battery pack is on the way....or should I say the SECOND battery pack for my car is on the way as they apparently dropped the other one.

DOH!

They called and told me that they needed some information from my car. I live about 5 minutes away from my dealership so I drove there and the service guy goes and looks inside the car. I ask what information he needed and he wanted to odometer reading. FFS I could have told them that over the phone! LOL!!!!!!!!

Reactions: BobBolt

·
Registered
2020 Kinetic Blue Bolt Premier
59 Posts
I then called a dealer in Denton where we bought one of our 2020s and they said no problem doing it right away and gave me a service appointment for Jan 10.
Can you share the dealer name in Denton? Whenever I get my 2020 replaced, want to have a list of potentially good dealers just in case. While I am in S. Oklahoma (barely), bought car at Huffines in Plano and we'll see when the time comes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bought a 2019 Bolt at the end of November 2021. Never got a letter, but car was scheduled for repair according to the Chevrolet recall web site. Brought it to a dealer on Dec 10. Dealer called around Christmas and scheduled an appointment to swap the battery on 1/11/2022. Battery was swapped and car returned on 1/14/2022

·
Administrator
3,165 Posts
Checked recall status this AM, still 883.

On a whim, checked a few minutes ago and it switched to 881 sometime today. Called my dealer, and my pack is on order now. 7-10 days I will be taking it in for the swap. Told the Service Manager the status changed to 881 today and his immediate response was "you won the lottery". He knew the process, no monkey business about coming in for diagnostics like some report. Dealer has successfully completed 10 already. I met the Bolt technician on a recent visit, the guy is sharp and has actually done more than the 10 recall replacements, he has done a few others for warranty repairs. I feel like I am in good hands on this one!

Timing couldn't be better. We will be on the road for over 2 months starting next month, I expect to put 5-6K miles on it. Will be nice to have the extra range, be able to charge to 100%, and best of all, get the sticker! LOL.

Edit: A FB post yesterday said new batches were being released every week, the Bolt Tech from Chicago that posted it said indications were they were speeding up the releases. The dealer service guy said they are apparently producing more packs now because previous orders were longer than 7-10 and he speculated mine might even be less than 7 days.

At this rate, I would expect to see 2H2019 and later models getting their turn in the coming month! Woohoo, can't wait to put this in the rearview mirror!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Can you share the dealer name in Denton? Whenever I get my 2020 replaced, want to have a list of potentially good dealers just in case. While I am in S. Oklahoma (barely), bought car at Huffines in Plano and we'll see when the time comes.
James Wood is where I took my 2017. They’re working on my 2018 right now. Very happy with them!

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Today I got back my 2019, now on its third battery.

After delaying my original appointment for a month, Stevens Creek Chevrolet did it in 4 days (supposed to be 2, they returned none of my voice messages), At least I could see the car getting charged to full through the myChevrolet app).

At full charge, the GOM read a discouraging 183 miles of range (228 max) -- even though the paperwork says "PERFORMED CAPACITY RELEARN AND EV RANGE RESET".

·
Registered
101 Posts
previous orders were longer than 7-10 and he speculated mine might even be less than 7 days
That's encouraging to hear. I'd been expecting a couple weeks wait so maybe I will get a pleasant surprise.

·
Registered
231 Posts
My 2018 switched to 881 from 883 a couple days ago, dealer won’t order battery until they do the 883 update, so going in next week. just want to get this over with.

·
Registered
343 Posts
My 2018 switched to 881 from 883 a couple days ago, dealer won’t order battery until they do the 883 update, so going in next week. just want to get this over with.
This would infuriate me. Did they give you a reason why? My understanding is there is no reason to do 883 before replacing the battery is the car is ready for the battery. Am I missing something.

·
Registered
231 Posts
This would infuriate me. Did they give you a reason why? My understanding is there is no reason to do 883 before replacing the battery is the car is ready for the battery. Am I missing something.
They are wrong, but won’t listen to reason, so I gave in. They said GM tells them this is the way

821 - 840 of 920 Posts