Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1161 - 1175 of 1175 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Well, the morning after i got my battery replaced, i noticed that the radio station favorites paddles and the LED screen favorites selection list do not work. I can still changes the stations manually using the left and right scan buttons.

I'm calling the dealer now to see whats up.
When I picked up my car after the battery replacement my radio was acting weird. I don't remember exactly what was wrong, but it wasn't right. I did a reset by holding down the Home and Forward buttons and that cleared up the issues.

·
Registered
85 Posts
When I picked up my car after the battery replacement my radio was acting weird. I don't remember exactly what was wrong, but it wasn't right. I did a reset by holding down the Home and Forward buttons and that cleared up the issues.
yes, i did the same procedure but it had no affect.

some owners have said that blowing away then reentering all the favorites worked. I'll try that before i go back to the dealer and let you know.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ok, i discovered that the current favorites are phantom favorites. I tried to delete the current phantom favorites but they won't budge. However, i can set new favorites for stations that are not already favorites and all of those work with the steering wheel paddles and the favorites list on the screen and i can also delete them.

Unfortunately, resetting the radio by pressing the by holding down the Home and Forward buttons does not delete the phantom favorites.

So, i need to figure out how to get rid of the phantom favorites.

·
Registered
393 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Bolt LT, Cajun Red
730 Posts
question: after my new battery was installed, I have noticed the replacement coolant they used is a much lighter orange color than the initial coolant was or the coolant in the other two tanks. Any reason for concern here? Did they just use a different brand, hence the paler color? its still orange.

·
Registered
5 Posts
When I picked up my car the service high voltage system warning popped up - they read the computer and determined the coolant was low so I guess they weren't completely successful doing the vac & fill. Everything was fine commuting for the next two weeks so I thought nothing more of it.

I took my first long trip yesterday after my battery was replaced on May 16th. For commuting I leave hilltop reserve on but as normal I turn off hilltop reserve before a long trip so my State of Charge was 100%. About halfway through the trip I noticed that my battery was discharging a lot faster than it should have. I drove 164 miles and ended up at 28% SoC. The car reported that I had used 30.6KWh. If this is to be believed 30.6KWh represents 72% of my charge, yielding an estimated full capacity of 42.5KWh instead of 60 or 66. But on this trip I normally get just under 4 miles/KWh so I should have burned closer to 42-45KWh. That would put my new capacity at 59KWh. But after charging on 120V at 12A for 13 hours I'm showing 74% SoC (46% SoC gain). I should have gained about 19KWh (1.4KW*13h) in that time. Reversing that calculation gives 41KWh as the maximum capacity.

So something is really wrong but I'm not sure exactly what.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I got the notification from GM to make an appointment to get my battery replaced back in March. The dealer had a waiting list and I finally got it replaced yesterday. I picked the car up this morning and drove 75 miles back home at Interstate speeds with no problem at all. I also had the AGM battery replaced at the same time since it was the original battery that came in my 2017 Bolt. So far, I have no complaints at all. Everything works the way it should and all the settings, except for the Hilltop reserve setting being turned off, were retained after all the work was completed.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I received a call from the dealer Friday to schedule the battery swap on my 2019 built in May of '19. I had received a notice from GM a month or so back, but there were many customers ahead of me. This is Dublin Chevrolet in NoCal. There are hundreds of Bolts (and even more Teslas) in this area, so no real surprise. I will be taking it in this week and leaving it for 3 days.

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Bolt LT
90 Posts
My '17 Bolt LT w/ ~36k miles is scheduled for battery swap June 20th. It's my local dealers first swap. They ordered the hose kit, which I told them would be needed, and called me telling me to come in for the swap... I said, "is there battery there also?" and they said, "what battery? We have your parts ordered." I said, "well it would be in a giant wood crate and weigh about a thousand pounds" and they were like, "........oh. Yeah, no. We'll get that part ordered too.". Oh boy. In their defense they are very nice people... just don't really know what's going on. I haven't had any software updates applied either. Should be interesting to see what happens. Will report. Crossing my fingers haha.

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Bolt LT
90 Posts
Dropped the Bolt off this morning at 9% SoC and it hasn't been charged since Monday the 13th. "Ready at the end of the week. Needs to discharge for 24 hours, we'll prep it mid-week and do the swap Thursday and then sit on it for 24hrs to make sure it took." Haha. Sure, whatever... good sports. I'm the guinea pig... they can have it as long as they need it. I re-iterated the importance of the coolant being done properly haha. My loaner car for the week is a 2021 Subaru Forester Sport... so... they're definitely treating me right so far. I have faith this will turn out okay.

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Bolt LT
90 Posts
8:02am June 23rd... text alert from OnStar/GM... "service your lithium-ion battery immediately on your 2017 Bolt". Oh... cool... they've started the battery swap! 1:40pm... call from dealer... "your Bolt is ready to be picked up". Huh... that seems fast... they must have screwed something up haha. Picked up the Bolt & new pack read 18.43%... oh... they didn't charge it... no problem have Lvl 2 at home. Immediately popped hood... battery loop coolant level/tank is full... good... and invoice/receipt specifically called out vacuum coolant procedure... phew.

Re-install OBDII... 64.61kWh max cap... ohhhh.... nice... up from 55.35kWh on the old trouble free pack (36k miles). That's a nice bump for sure. All PIDs look good/normal. Suuuppper nice to see Min Cell #s bouncing all around instead of staying pegged on Cell 67 like the old pack lol.

Drive home, plug in and top to 100%... it takes another 30 minutes at "100% DIC" to "balance" (I assume). Batt RAW even got to 99.91%, but then settled down to the standard 96% after unplugged awhile. Max voltage was 4.16v... then settled to 4.14v... interesting as the old pack took the cells to 4.18v before floating to 4.16v. We'll see over time if the new pack increases, but... whatever. Went from ~169ah to ~200ah reported capacity.

Anyways... so far so good. I guess being a guinea pig is okay as they probably paid particular attention to details. My town is <10k people so I'm glad my local dealer even got the ability to do this swap. Also applied the latest software, which startled the crap of me as the cars chirping and honking and lighting lights again... all the things I turned off before haha.

Anti-climactic report, but I'm happy... so far.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I received a call from the dealer Friday to schedule the battery swap on my 2019 built in May of '19. I had received a notice from GM a month or so back, but there were many customers ahead of me. This is Dublin Chevrolet in NoCal. There are hundreds of Bolts (and even more Teslas) in this area, so no real surprise. I will be taking it in this week and leaving it for 3 days.
I picked up my '19 Bolt Saturday. No issues at all. I had them charge to 95%. The est range was 244 when I picked it up. By the time I got home, it was up to 270 at about 92%. I saw nearly a dozen battery sized crates between the showroom and service center building, along with a forklift moving one into the service center.

1161 - 1175 of 1175 Posts