Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
221 - 240 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Bolt LT
78 Posts
Comes up very fast too. Only thing I don't like is it requires your data to be turned on, as it checks to see you bought it each time you bring it up. On another page it shows 12 volt battery voltage, and some other stuff, like battery temperature history, etc. He hasn't set it up for the Bolt yet, so the Volt/Bolt select option doesn't work.
What a shame. No matter what I try I just can't get it to work. Perhaps it doesn't play well with my LELink bluetooth OBD or something. If I can find my old knockoff ELM WiFi OBD I'll try that. I can't get the app to remember settings either and it seems pretty flaky in general like old phonegap-style. Maybe iOS 14.7.2 is causing issues also. OBD Fusion has it's own issues (horrible refresh, forgets your "car" etc. etc.), but it's logging to iCloud is great. EngineLink is still my go to for "live" readings and stability, but its logging blows haha. Anyways... thanks for the suggestion all the same.

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Bolt LT
78 Posts
Thanks! I was wondering if they reduced regen if the battery was cold.
Oh! That. Well... the coldest I saw last winter was about -25F at night, but it was plugged in. I've cold soaked the battery for 8+ hours at work in -15F and didn't see any regen decrease, but the battery mass is so great that even at those temps once the battery is warm is stays warm for a loooong time. I'm quite sure there are people here that have seen regen limits in much colder temps than me.

·
Registered
400 Posts
What is this iOS of which you speak? Is this the fruit of the Apple? Does not compute for this Android.
In trying to use one of the cell voltage apps on my iPhone, I discovered iPhone requires BT LE, and won’t talk to my standard BT dongle. I have an old android phone I use for Torque, but it requires a reboot ever time I switch between Torque and MyGreenVolt.

·
Registered
10,187 Posts
Even force closing the app will not allow a switch, hence the attempt to put an app on my daily driver iPhone for quick checks.
Weird. I just close whichever app is running. The OBD adapter goes back to showing just the red LED. I then pull up the other app, and it connects and runs. A hassle, but it does work for my cheap LG K20 V Android phone

·
Registered
400 Posts
Weird. I just close whichever app is running. The OBD adapter goes back to showing just the red LED. I then pull up the other app, and it connects and runs. A hassle, but it does work for my cheap LG K20 V Android phone
Maybe a function of my adapter🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
Bolt EV, 2019, Premier
420 Posts
Oh! That. Well... the coldest I saw last winter was about -25F at night, but it was plugged in. I've cold soaked the battery for 8+ hours at work in -15F and didn't see any regen decrease, but the battery mass is so great that even at those temps once the battery is warm is stays warm for a loooong time. I'm quite sure there are people here that have seen regen limits in much colder temps than me.
Thanks so much. I have been wondering about that. Where I live in NC it never get's all that cold. I have been wondering what to expect if I drive to colder areas. So far I have lucked out on my trips north and I have missed anything much below 32F.

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Bolt LT
78 Posts
Got MyGreenVolt working on iOS with my ancient ELM WiFi dongle. It complained about communication speed, but it worked. After resting for hours & @ 81.2% SoC this is what it’s reading.

Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Slope

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Bolt LT
78 Posts
Hmm. Interesting that OBD Fusion, which I rely on daily, has different readings that MyGreenVolt. The fact that OBD Fusion lines up exactly with EngineLink makes me question the accuracy of MyGreenVolt.

Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Number Circle

Font Line Technology Screenshot Signage

·
Registered
10,187 Posts
Hmm. Interesting that OBD Fusion, which I rely on daily, has different readings that MyGreenVolt. The fact that OBD Fusion lines up exactly with EngineLink makes me question the accuracy of MyGreenVolt.
Sorry. You lost me. What difference are you seeing? All the shots you posted show your cells at 3.96X volts average. The difference between max and min cells for all shots is 0.02X volts. The MyGreenVolt is reading out to three decimal places. The others are rounding to two. Other than that everything is the same.

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Bolt LT
78 Posts
Sorry. You lost me. What difference are you seeing? All the shots you posted show your cells at 3.96X volts average. The difference between max and min cells for all shots is 0.02X volts. The MyGreenVolt is reading out to three decimal places. The others are rounding to two. Other than that everything is the same.
Oh it's no big deal. MyGreenVolt read 81.2% DIC PID while OBD Fusions/EngineLink showed 81.96% DIC PID... that's a noticeable difference especially with the DIC lag/jump. OBDF/EL show lowest cell (67... always 67) as 3.940202v while MGV showed 3.952v (also 67). Was just curious why the differences... the only change in readings was WiFi reading vs Bluetooth LELink.

Anyways... now that I've used MGV a couple times I'm going back to OBD Fusion because of it's awesome icloud logging, MUCH more modern interface etc. and its .xxxxxx volt resolution (ala TP). It's "live" readings lag quite a bit, but that's probably just because it's reading 110 PIDs as fast as it can haha. EngineLink is also awesome, but has layout issues and it's logging is awful. .02

·
Registered
185 Posts
SOC 74% after charging at 8A over night and sat unplugged all day before this. The absolute value in mygreenvolt is obviously wrong since it is showing 3.000 to 3.030v but I wonder if the max min difference is correct since Torque shows the max and the average both at 3.900 and the min at 3.880, It seems like the cell max v in Torque is incorrectly showing the average.
Colorfulness Product Green Rectangle Font

Font Line Screenshot Technology Parallel

·
Registered
10,187 Posts
SOC 74% after charging at 8A over night and sat unplugged all day before this. The absolute value in mygreenvolt is obviously wrong since it is showing 3.000 to 3.030v but I wonder if the max min difference is correct since Torque shows the max and the average both at 3.900 and the min at 3.880, It seems like the cell max v in Torque is incorrectly showing the average.
Something is very odd. None of your voltage values make sense. The MGV app is too low, and the TP max and average can't be the same. Faulty OBD 2 adapter?

221 - 240 of 243 Posts