Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

press brake to shift

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Lite2 
#1 ·
Got that this morning. Tried 12 neg pull, didn't help . Didn't think to see if brake lights come on just took wife's car. Waiting on dealer to call back.

#4 · (Edited)
If it is still like this.....
Some of the GM's had two switches on the brake pedal arm that could be sent out of adjustment by getting foot caught under the pedal and pulling toward driver. Or letting the pedal slide off foot so it quickly returns can set the switch off. Look under dash for those switches. They used to be press pedal down. Slide switch up and let pedal set the correct length..

#5 ·
Thanks Jefro but never had time to really look at everything, it's at the dealer now.
Gonna complain about the towing "service" they called. not only did the ramp leave a couple 6" digs in the drive but even having the key they didn't bother releasing the parking brake and drug it leaving about 6' skid marks.wow.... Not like it was a repo.

Attachments

#8 ·
... not only did the ramp leave a couple 6" digs in the drive but even having the key they didn't bother releasing the parking brake and drug it leaving about 6' skid marks.wow....
The Bolt is a little too smart for its own good - if the computers sense wheel rotation with the car turned off they will apply the parking brake to prevent the car from moving.

I carry a 10mm wrench in the car so I can disconnect the 12V battery to kill the car's electronics and prevent this from happening should I ever need a tow.

Also comes in handy to reboot the computers if they ever get into a confused state and prevent you from starting or driving the car.

#7 ·
The ONLY EV tech at my dealer was off that day so they said I would be pushed to the front of the line Mon. The guy I did talk to said he would most likely "throw a brake switch at it" regardless.
He also said that they drove my car off the truck so it was working at the lot. Maybe the 12v disconnect took time to "take".

#9 ·
regardless.
He also said that they drove my car off the truck so it was working at the lot. Maybe the 12v disconnect took time to "take
Did you try it a hour or so after taking the 12v cable off?
Maybe you need to drag the car to reset the computor! Ha
Wonder if clearing a code with scanner would have done it.
Hopefully the EV techs are better than your sales guy and can figure it out

#10 ·
Got it back now. Never once did it again while the dealer had it, no codes, nothing. Length of time from pulling 12v was 5-10min. Had to get to work so just grabbed the wifes car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.