Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How do I set up the car so that the SiriusXM radio doesn't automatically play when the car is started? I always have to hit the power button after starting the car to keep the radio silent.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Just (almost) like the “pre-push button” radios of the past, turn the volume down to zero (just no palpable click) just before shutdown. You get used to it in in a week and it just becomes habit: Parking = 1) twist radio to “0”, 2) push “P” on shifter, 3) pull up parking brake, 4) push stop button.

·
Registered
328 Posts
The AUX Mute Jack Trick

Here is good trick if you do not use the AUX Jack input and use Bluetooth or Android/Apple:

- Take the oldest, crappiest, non functional, crummy hear buds you have laying around and cut the Jack as close as possible from the end:

- Plug in the Jack in the center console, Select the AUX source if needed. Plug or connect your smartphone. Done

- As the AUX Jack stay in the console the AUX input will stay selected on the next startup, volume doesn't matter as there is no sound coming out of this source. Until you select Bluethooth or plug a smartphone, then audio will come at the previously set audio level.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Just (almost) like the “pre-push button” radios of the past, turn the volume down to zero (just no palpable click) just before shutdown. You get used to it in in a week and it just becomes habit: Parking = 1) twist radio to “0”, 2) push “P” on shifter, 3) pull up parking brake, 4) push stop button.
some of us just do 1 and skip to 4 0:)

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Yeah, I just turn the volume knob down to zero. Works perfectly, just like the old radios where you had to turn the knob fully counter-clockwise to "click" off the power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts