Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Bolt since 4/17 and was going thru all my service reports from my dealer service. Car went in 4/18 for Customer Satisfaction Program 17386 SDGM and BYOM2+ radio software updates. Also Loss of propulsion high voltage battery 18097. Both caused by recall. Then again 1 month later for Loss of propulsion h v battery without notification 18125. Again caused by recall. If I remember correctly there was an issue with first update and had to be done again. My question is could my mileage from first recall be used as my buyback point? So in my case I have had 4 recalls based on battery issues first at 17k. next at 18k. Then third at 56k for fix. Now new recall for fires. Now close to 60k. Also had HV battery disconnect replaced at 44k. What is your opinion?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Also Loss of propulsion high voltage battery 18097. . . My question is could my mileage from first recall be used as my buyback point?
I haven't surrendered my Bolt EV yet, but that was my experience as far as the offer letter I received in CA. YMMV.

Cheers, Wayne

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Wayne. I purchased in California and have been included in the California buy back team. It took GM about 3 weeks to make that decision. I am waiting for my offer but I think they are going off the "final fix" mileage. Might need to make a fuss😂

·
Registered
39 Posts
FWIW, it was the California GM team that made the mileage decision. Then it went to an outside contractor to actually generate the offer letter.

Cheers, Wayne

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
FWIW, it was the California GM team that made the mileage decision. Then it went to an outside contractor to actually generate the offer letter.
Meaning that they chose to use the mileage of the 2018 battery software update (to avoid giving an overly optimistic capacity/range estimate that led to actually hitting empty while the capacity/range showed a non-zero value) without any prompting from you? That seems like an unexpected bonus, since it really does not have anything to do with the fire risk.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes but maybe that is when they realized that they had a problem with potential fires.... It has now been 3 weeks since I was told I was approved for buy back. Received standard letter with the calculation formula but nothing since. I really don't want to get rid of it but if usage fee is based on lower mileage it might make my decision a lot easier. There is a 40k+ difference in mileage between recalls.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Meaning that they chose to use the mileage of the 2018 battery software update (to avoid giving an overly optimistic capacity/range estimate that led to actually hitting empty while the capacity/range showed a non-zero value) without any prompting from you? That seems like an unexpected bonus, since it really does not have anything to do with the fire risk.
Yes, that's correct, the mileage at the time of recall 18097 the OP mentioned. And that was without prompting from me, although I ended up inquiring about it before I got my final letter. It certainly made the decision to go with a buyback much easier. In case it matters, I did start my buyback request before the second recall of 2017-2019 vehicles, after first hearing about a recalled vehicle that caught fire.

Cheers, Wayne

1 - 7 of 7 Posts