Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

New to the forum and ready to place an order for 2018, anybody been able to get any discount on a 2018? Dealer is basically giving me MSRP + Freight, Admin, AC Tax.

Appreciate any feedback, Thanks,

HaaPoo

·
Registered
979 Posts
FWIW, a year ago out of 9 dealers I contacted nobody was budging off MSRP. I did however get over-allowance of $1,000 on my trade-in and haggled a further $100 reduction of the so-called "Admin" fee.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yes, it's just the "admin fee" that's negotiable, as well as security etching fee and tire warranty. You'll have to negotiate hard to get the dealer to drop or lower these ones, it's added profit for them.

Which dealer? Mine came from Myers Orleans.

·
Registered
233 Posts
They were nice enough, but be ready to be firm in your negotiations if you're going to get them to budge on admin, security etching and tire warranty (unless you want these; most in the know don't). I couldn't effectively negotiate because I picked up a car where the buyer backed out last minute. I did try, but I knew I didn't have any real leverage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, seems like demand is high and their quota for 2018 is filling fast. This does not give me leverage on negotiations.
Tesla guys are coming back ordering bolts :) For me it is fuel savings, we live in the country and drive 120K daily min.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
You don't have any negotiating leverage unless you're willing to walk away from the deal - it's the only way you can tell for certain that the salesman isn't willing to take you up on your offer. In most cases if you thank the salesman for his help and leave, he'll make some sort of counter-offer, even if it's just some small token gesture. But if he doesn't then you have to take a deep breath and keep on going.

·
Registered
979 Posts
If you're not in a hurry, the 2019's may be out later this year. Rumor is, they'll have a larger battery pack.
IMO, if the 2019's do have that 80 kwh pack. GM will bump price accordingly as an extra-cost option. Perhaps into Tesla-3 land.

For me that would put the Bolt out of my comfort zone $-wise. And I don't need the added range anyway.

I think the more important consideration is one or two provinces (BC and ON) deciding to pull back on their rebates. Quebec is less likely to do that because of their ZEV law, abundance of free hydro and their own confidence seeing their dealers move a lot of EV's. But it's been an explicit threat in ON, say if the Conservatives win the election in June.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Order placed, now the wait starts !!!
Did you receive it?

I was in similar position at about the same time. Ended up finding a dealer in the north end of Montreal and got 3k$ off a demo unit and winter tires. I was happy. still am! Plus I took possession within a week from the deposit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts