Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all:

I just bought a Bolt Premier a couple of days ago, and I have been very happy with it until today. We noticed that several times today the dash and screen not turning off after putting the car in park and locking doors.

Has anyone experienced this, or have advice about this problem? Obviously after New Year's Day, we can take it to the dealership, but was disappointed we are already having a problem.

Any thoughts appreciated! Sylvia

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
We noticed that several times today the dash and screen not turning off after putting the car in park and locking doors. Has anyone experienced this, or have advice about this problem?
It depends on how long the screen has stayed on for you. I've seen the screen stay on for a short while after closing and locking the doors (I have the car set so that I need to push the button on one of the outside door handles to lock it), but it will turn off within about 30 seconds or so. I just consider that to be normal operating behaviour.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I too have seen the dash and center infotainment screen stay on briefly, especially if I had a radio program playing, my phone paired via bluetooth playing music, my phone connected via Android Auto, or if I plugged in the charge cord with the driver's door open.

I haven't really paid it any attention as the next day when I come out to the car, the dash and infotainment screen are off as expected before I open the driver's door. I wouldn't worry about it unless you come out 15 minutes later and the dash and/or infotainment screens are still on. If they are, sounds like it might be a dealer visit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts