Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Google maps gives voice instructions like, "In 100 feet, turn right onto Main St." When I connect my iPhone 6 with iOs 10.2.2 to the Bolt using Bluetooth or USB (CarPlay), I miss the first few words (i.e. I miss the "In 100 feet" part) of the instructions.

To get it to work, I have to disconnect the USB cable and disconnect the Bluetooth connection between the phone and the car. This uses the phone's built in speaker.

Apple maps works just fine, but it does not work with the Lyft app and the only time I need the maps app is when driving with a Lyft passenger.

Has anybody else seen this problem? Is it a problem with the remote audio interface in the Bolt, or a problem with Google maps?

Thanks,
Ed

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Maybe the Google Maps app needs to be updated? I'm looking at the Play store and it looks like there was an update on March 22, 2017.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have this problem too. Seems there's a lag in the infotainment system receiving and/or broadcasting the directions from the phone via bluetooth.

Wouldn't it be cool if Google Maps had a delay setting where it makes an initial noise, then wait a bit followed by the directions? That would fix the problem, IMO.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S8 (GS8 Android). Not only do I lose the first few seconds of directions from Google Maps, but when listening to books on tape via Audible I lose the first few seconds every time a chapter changes. I don't think it's a problem with either app, but rather the bluetooth interaction between the Chevy Bolt's infotainment unit and BT device. :(

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
At this point, it's just a matter of waiting to see who is wiling to update their system to make BT lag less. Either Chevy has to roll out an update for their infotainment system or Google has to push out an android update addressing this issue.

Don't think anyone has figured out a Diy fix for this yet.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I don’t have any problem (that I’m aware of) with Google Maps on my iphone 6 when plugged into the Bolt.

Yesterday I looked up at store location on Safari and clicked on ‘directions’ on the store's page which opened Google Maps. Rather than asking Siri to take me there. The voice instructions I got from Google Maps seemed fine to me.

I used those instructions to get to the store but couldn’t see the map screen on the iphone as I don’t have a perch for it.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Maybe the IOS needs to be updated? I'm not too familiar with the ins and outs of phones with how much they're constantly advancing every day.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update: this was never resolved on my 2017 Chevy Bolt, but it is not a problem on my 2020 Chevy Bolt. Same Samsung SG8 phone, so something changed on Chevy's side. Sheesh...

·
Registered
881 Posts
I've never noticed that glitch but I updated to Google pixel after the old phone of 7 years. Hows the 2020 treating You so far?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts