Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had my Bolt for a couple of weeks now. In this time, I have installed TuxMats, front and rear, and ordered and installed a ProClip mount from the US, along with an Arkon phone mount (Amazon.ca). The mount allows me to use Waze from my iPhone instead of Apple CarPlay.

And as a bonus, my friend gave me the Queen to chauffeur around.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Your friend, they okay? Oh, my apologies. They are lucky to have such an understanding friend like you to chauffeur their "Queen" around.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What Arkon phone mount is that if you don't mind me asking. I am awaiting my 2018 Bolt and have got the tuxmats already :)

I use Waze a lot and have an iPhone 6S Plus and would like to continue using Waze.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I'll just poop the party and say that I bought a ProClip a few months ago, which was a less than creative way of murdering $30.00 :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I’ve had my Bolt for a couple of weeks now. In this time, I have installed TuxMats, front and rear, and ordered and installed a ProClip mount from the US, along with an Arkon phone mount (Amazon.ca). The mount allows me to use Waze from my iPhone instead of Apple CarPlay.

And as a bonus, my friend gave me the Queen to chauffeur around.
Thanks for sharing! I never knew about the pro clip until I saw this thread. I was just throwing my phone in that little pocket under the big screen and kept forgetting about it when i left the car. Ordered one up the other night with the phone holder for my IP!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Among the first accessories I bought for her was this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XP29B2S

It worked great until recently when I had to abruptly slam the brakes because of some jerk. The way I had it wound around the center console/shift area, while usually secure, was dislodged completely. My phone setup fell into the passenger feet area and the whole situation really sucked. I was really PO'd for a while, but my thoughts brought me back to this forum and I was reminded of someone's mention of Pro-Clip. I recall the comment as something along the lines of ..."I got tired of screwing around and decided to spend the money and get a custom stand".

I guess I was also feeling like I didn't wanna screw around because I bought it. It arrived and I installed it today. Even though it is day one and I haven't truly tested it, I think I love it. It really is a custom fit! I'll update the thread as I live with it longer and stuff happens, if needed.

check her out!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts