Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Supposedly as per Automotive News.

But the car could arrive earlier than that. Two industry analysts who track production plans, and who didn't want to be identified discussing GM's schedule, have estimated the Bolt will start production in October 2016. Those forecasts were made even before GM moved up its timeline.
Its going to be tight, Nissan is already on track to drop the new LEAF in about a years time, and it has the benefit of several years of hard work and dev already put into it. Who cares about Tesla.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yea I am reading that the Bolt may be ahead of schedule as well. That is great news. Hardly ever hear that. Most cars are behind schedule if anything.

The Chevrolet Bolt is inching closer to production as chief engineer Josh Tavel has confirmed the company has "accelerated things."
At the least this should mean that they will have plenty of time to make sure that there aren't any lingering quality issues. Should be a pretty safe bet from that perspective.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I like the TM Model S, as it is the only BEV that I have seen, sat in, and operated its controls during a showroom visit at Dania Beach in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. I have not seen any other BEV close up (no Volt, or Leaf, either). But I have read the news since the first Roadster and TM is well known to have production delays. The Model S and the latest Model X were each delayed for years.

The Model 3 will be delayed until 2018, and an recent article showed a TM presentation having that date on one of the screens. So the Bolt EV will take away the "200 mile range BEV for less than $35,000" market sooner, leaving the Model 3 in second place since they don't even have a prototye concept vehicle in existence! And the supposed upgraded Nissan Leaf is another non-existing concept.

GM has 55 test Bolts running around, proving that it is REAL and will be in dealers sooner than the competition. And it will sell in the thousands.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the TM Model S, as it is the only BEV that I have seen, sat in, and operated its controls during a showroom visit at Dania Beach in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. I have not seen any other BEV close up (no Volt, or Leaf, either). But I have read the news since the first Roadster and TM is well known to have production delays. The Model S and the latest Model X were each delayed for years.

The Model 3 will be delayed until 2018, and an recent article showed a TM presentation having that date on one of the screens. So the Bolt EV will take away the "200 mile range BEV for less than $35,000" market sooner, leaving the Model 3 in second place since they don't even have a prototye concept vehicle in existence! And the supposed upgraded Nissan Leaf is another non-existing concept.

GM has 55 test Bolts running around, proving that it is REAL and will be in dealers sooner than the competition. And it will sell in the thousands.
I think GM is far better equipped to meet engineering targets with their army of people and buckets of cash.

I wouldn't say the new Leaf is a non existent concept. We know Tesla doesn't have a 3 yet, but Nissan is on record that the next gen Leaf is already running around, probably under the current cars skin so no one knows nothing ;)

·
Registered
639 Posts
And companies have apparently a hundred or so prototypes running around at a time, from what i've observed with other vehicles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts