Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Spy photographers have caught the first glimpses of the production Chevrolet Bolt. You can see some differences between the production version and the concept. The side windows are different shapes, the low grille is shaped slightly different and the headlights look different. There are also fog lights added on the prototype.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/06/2017-chevrolet-bolt-begins-testing.html

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, you are probably right about the headlights. It is looking like the Bolt is becoming a bit more mainstream with its design here. I definitely see the SOnic in this prototype. It looks very, very close to the Sonic with just the front end being different.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yea, you are probably right about the headlights. It is looking like the Bolt is becoming a bit more mainstream with its design here. I definitely see the SOnic in this prototype. It looks very, very close to the Sonic with just the front end being different.

LOL the only Sonic in the prototype is what the wheels are bolted to. Its a HEAVILY reworked Sonic platform, the similarites you see are, er, they're hatchbacks...

·
Registered
639 Posts
That's basically what it comes down to, design and structure DNA from those models all seen here in some shape or form. But the Bolt so far looks interesting, more than the Sonic or spark.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think the new window line / greenhouse shape is less attractive than the concept. But it's not a deal-breaker.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I think the new window line / greenhouse shape is less attractive than the concept. But it's not a deal-breaker.
yea its a little flatter up top but I think thats the necessities of making it viable for production. I mean no one would buy it if you could only fit 5 foot nothing's and dogs back there LOL...

·
Registered
639 Posts
yea its a little flatter up top but I think thats the necessities of making it viable for production. I mean no one would buy it if you could only fit 5 foot nothing's and dogs back there LOL...
It could be the first little people specific car ;)

·
Registered
264 Posts
FOr the first time GM confirms that yes in fact they have been testing the Bolt with 55 odd prototypes running around in various disguise.

Josh Tavel, the Bolt EV's chief engineer, said there are some 55 preproduction, camouflaged Bolts driving around right now, going through the sorts of testing preproduction cars receive -- tuning suspension and minimizing unwanted sounds, that sort of thing. The sound factor is doubly important in an EV, because without an internal combustion engine to generate white noise, the driver can hear everything else much more clearly.
http://www.cnet.com/news/chevy-confirms-chevy-bolt-ev-in-testing/#ftag=CAD3440c1f

·
Registered
786 Posts
GMis now saying their Bolt protos are approaching and even exceeding their 200 mile range target.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2015/06/chevrolet-bolt-ev-prototypes-exceeding-200-miles-of-range-per-charge/
So the Chevy Bolt may reach up to 250 miles per charge under best conditions (some Spark EV owners have passed 100 miles). That leaves the Superchargers as the only "bait" for the Model 3. By the time it arrives, many gas stations have installed the SAE CCS chargers to keep their gas car customers that have switched to electricity. The Bolt EV will outsell the Model 3.:laugh:

·
Registered
264 Posts
So the Chevy Bolt may reach up to 250 miles per charge under best conditions (some Spark EV owners have passed 100 miles). That leaves the Superchargers as the only "bait" for the Model 3. By the time it arrives, many gas stations have installed the SAE CCS chargers to keep their gas car customers that have switched to electricity. The Bolt EV will outsell the Model 3.:laugh:
Probably, simply because people need convenience and Tesla still hasn't got that part yet. Yea its cool and edgy that they don't have a dealer network but try and sell that to Joe and Jane in the midwest, People want places to go when things go wrong.

I think the more relevant question is will the Bolt outsell the Leaf?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nope

Sorry, but I hope the Bolt does not look anything like what I am seeing in these preproduction views. The concept was much more to my liking.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, even with the masking and all, the general overall shape looks more like one of Chevys little cars (whatever they are called; Spark?), than the prototype. And so, I am not overly optimistic.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts