Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends! The time of the Bolt EV is approaching and electrek spotted a ‘production intent’ vehicle in Detroit. The GM engineer who was driving the car told them that it was a ‘production intent’ which means that everything, parts, trims, and finishes, are production spec.

That's what we'll be getting, besides the paint color depending on what you choose.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Not bad at all. Especially in a color that's these days and everyday color, you see similar blues on a lot of cars. What I will be on the look out for more is colors we typically see that scream "green car", like what's seen in the banner of this forum. They need at least a couple of those colors.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even the chrome trim looks great and that doesn't occur with cars. I like how the window trim flows into the side mirror instead of fully surrounding the windows.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The chrome around the window kind of throws me off, but that's not much of a big deal. The car does look pretty nice in that colour though. Seems to be good to go.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Nothing is really different but it is exciting to see a production intent model roaming about. Basically means that the plant can now mass produce the Bolt EV and the production line is ready to start.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chevy is definitely on track to hit their October production start time next month is we're already seeing a production intent model on the streets.

·
Registered
730 Posts
One thing we should be on the look out for is ride sharing companies going public about getting these. It's a vehicle designed with the sharing economy in mind, even the engineers explained this, and from what i've noticed companies like Uber, Lyft, etc. are quite open about their next steps, especially when what they want to use is as ready as the Bolt is.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Haven't heard much from Lyft and we probably won't until the Bolt is already on showroom floors since buyers are getting them first before ride sharing companies.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Well its easier to sell to as fleet to car sharing companies than it is to consumers, lock in those fleet contracts meanwhile still have the volume to meet regular consumer demand.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Oh okay I can see that then.. Lock in the contract first, set a later delivery date, provide for the consumers and then meet the deadlines for the fleets ? I'm sorry I'm just trying to make sense of it so I know properly lol

·
Registered
862 Posts
AFIK, Lyft and Uber don't own any cars, and don't buy as a fleet.

Lyft's program is a rental/lease available to Lyft drivers thru select dealers in select markets. Essentially a financing option. I don't know if there is a pre-negotiated vehicle price, but it seems likely.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Manufacturers generally don't make as much in fleet sales or Lyft deals as they do selling it to people like us. Makes sense for them to prioritize general sales first

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Thanks guys, that clears things up for me quite a bit. I thought they made a darn good amount off of fleet sales, of course not as much as general population sales but I didn't think it was a substantial difference

1 - 16 of 16 Posts