Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I have a quick question. I only recently noticed that when the car is in any drive gear (D,L or R) there is a "propulsion" noise from the car. It's only heard if you don't have the car audio on and more so with windows down. When the car is in P it is completely silent. Is this the "normal" propulsion sound that the Bolt makes when in gear? Its a "humming/whirring" noise, definitely not completely silent. Just want to make sure this is normal...

·
Registered
336 Posts
Guys I have a quick question. I only recently noticed that when the car is in any drive gear (D,L or R) there is a "propulsion" noise from the car. It's only heard if you don't have the car audio on and more so with windows down. When the car is in P it is completely silent. Is this the "normal" propulsion sound that the Bolt makes when in gear? Its a "humming/whirring" noise, definitely not completely silent. Just want to make sure this is normal...
Not sure what the technical name is, but the sound alerts pedestrians that a car is moving near them. I believe the noise stops at 15 mph.

·
Registered
204 Posts
If you search this forum for "pedestrian alert" you can find ways to turn it off.
I haven't bothered, as I'm deaf enough that it doesn't bother me.
I hadn't even noticed it until I read about it on here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts