Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To further the discussion I "triple coated" about 10 minutes between coats- the front tires and front plastic trim with one product on each side. The armor all seems thicker and does not run as easily as 303 (which to me just looks and acts like old school armor all). It rained hard later that night but neither washed off (perhaps due to very hot temps and triple coating?) So far the armor all side seems a little cleaner. I'll try to post another photo 1-2 weeks after to see if anything is noticable one side vs the other!

·
Registered
134 Posts
We just had our hot tub serviced, and the tech who did the job commented on the state of the cover and side panels, offering to treat them with "303." I had been using Turtle Wax protectant that's supposed to have a pretty high UV rating, but was really surprised how much better the 303 came out. Time will tell how well it works, but I was impressed enough to buy a 32 Oz bottle on Amazon.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The tire with the 303 looks cleaner to me, if that's what you mean.
Yes but which side is the 303, I never actually said! Also I have washed the car since then and I have to say I'm disappointed with both products... Even the label of the thread "coatings" may not be very accurate as I would expect a coating to stand up to a gentle car washing.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If You look at previous photos You can see where the black plastic trim the protection is already wearing off... Also here's another picture showing the environment im battling high heat, high UV, hail and , high winds with red dirt

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've high heat automotive clear sprayed my brake calipers and under hood aluminum bits. Just because I like silver, not dark grey...😉

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've been using 303 for many years on plastic mostly. Always with good results? Best out there? I don't know. I just know I like it.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
too busy working 3 jobs around 80 hours a week to re-wash the Bolt. Will try to update thread with more pix later in a few weeks ... I will try a 4 way compare 303 vs armor all vs chemical guys VRP vs meguiar's hyper dressing. I expect all of them to not last long -
PS one guy on You tube mentioned something that got to me... to paraphrase he said "why is everyone hung up on having a tire dressing last a month or longer? ... if You are watching this video You probably enjoy car detailing and do it every week!" I sincerely disagree with that sentiment. If I could find a few products where I only have to apply it ever 2-3 months I would be VERY HAPPY. I don't have huge time and $ to give away re washing and re applying products every single week!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
A Five way shootout
Drivers front- Product 1.
Passenger Front - Product 2.
Drivers Rear - Product 3.
Passenger Rear - NOTHING
Drivers back panel - Product 4.
Passenger back panel - Product 5.
I just washed the car and coated in 100 degrees heat. JULY 30TH
Will take more photos after 7-10 days for equal comparison.
IMG_20200730_163947.jpg
IMG_20200730_163953.jpg

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry the photos seem to be duplicated. Will try to clean up when I'm back to a laptop. The interface on phone seems poor when it goes beyond a post and more than 1-2 photos.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK It rained about an hour after I spent a bit of trouble washing and applying the plastic / rubber dressings. It was a light rain so they all actually held up. I did NOT make this a 6 way test for 2 reasons - even though I had a 6th product I could have tested.
#1. I wanted 1 tire wheel well to be a "control" - nothing applied to it and see how well it holds after a few weeks.
#2. The product that I WAS going to add was hyped up on YouTube - but Honestly in my experience CG - VRP is a TOTAL WASTE on anything exterior. ONE good wash or rain and 90% of it is gone -just a bunch of streaks. So far out of the 5 I have a 2-3 that are a favorite and this is just the 1st time for 3 of the 5 products. I hope the photos show that at least 1 of them looks a LOT glossier and that was not necessarily the look I wanted but I did buy a GALLON so whoops looks like the bolt may have very glossy trim / tires for another few years. Unless anyone is begging to know what I used on what tires I will just wait a few weeks and then post more pics of tires along with the info on what products I used.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One of the products seems to make the foam applicator permanently stained. I guess what's bad for the applicator bodes well for the product after it's applied on the car? This is a photo after THREE washes. Stain did not budge.
IMG_20200801_184817.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts