Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of any public test drive events? I attended one that Nissan held before the Leaf started shipping to dealers and I was curious if anyone has any information on something like that from GM? I have looked all over and have not found any information.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Dunno if Chevy will follow in Nissan's footsteps but you'll definitely be able to test drive one when they start getting shipped to dealerships. Right now it seems like Chevy if finally giving journalists a go at them so it'll be a long while before we get to test drive one too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am guessing that at this point they really don't need to generate any additional demand, but you would thing they would want to show this thing off to people.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I'm sure it will be at the Paris Autoshow along with the LA autoshow ? Doubt they would be doing test drive events for anyone that isn't media though.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
At least the media is getting a chance to drive the Bolts and publishing their numbers. That was one thing kept under wraps for so long and we were worried that real world drivers wouldn't be able to get the Chevy suggested mileage.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Most car makers do this if they need it to boost sales but with all that Chevy has going on I doubt that's the case with them. Instead we might have to wait for our dealers to get these before we can get behind the wheel.

So, just make sure to stay in contact with your local dealer.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Let's hope dealerships keeps them well charged. I've read stories of people trying to buy a Leaf and realizing the dealer hasn't charged them at all.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I luck out being in Dallas that we have almost too many dealerships to choose from so usually they do a fairly decent job overall. I am curious to see what they will have at the Texas State Fair. There is a ride/drive area that Chevy always has setup and I am curious if they will have the Bolt available since it will be late Sept through mid Oct. I recall there being volts there in previous years, but I don't believe they had them charging.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts