Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

Yesterday I put a deposit down on a 2018 Bolt. I hate putting a deposit down so early (no details at all about the 2018's yet), but given how quickly the 2017's evaporated in Ontario, I don't want to miss out. I'd like to get a Bolt before the Ontario rebate dries up. I'm in for a long wait!

Cheers,

Wes

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Congrats!

Sorry for the long wait.... but at least you'll have plenty of time to read over the owners manual... 6 or 7 times :laugh:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, yes lots of time for reading. I was hoping to install a home charger ahead of time, but I see on the Ontario rebate form they ask you for the VIN # of your car to get your rebate. So no car, no rebate I guess. Since the form has to be submitted within 3 months of purchasing, I have to wait until I have a firm delivery date. Gotta jump through those hoops!

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV LT
272 Posts
Good luck on the wait! I had about 5 months from the time I ordered my Bolt until I took delivery, SOOO much time to second guess colors and options hahah.

Let us know if you get any inside info from the dealer regarding any changes for model year 2018

·
Registered
735 Posts
Congrats!

Sorry for the long wait.... but at least you'll have plenty of time to read over the owners manual... 6 or 7 times :laugh:
As funny as that is, a lot of people I find on forums can make use of that, seeing all the questions that could have been answered. But I can see where people are coming from, most of this stuff should be self explanatory and straight forward.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi, I just put a depost on a 2018 too (I'm in Ajax). Hoping (but not expecting) the last part of the CCAP on EVs happens: reducing the HST on EVs by 2018!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thank you, yes lots of time for reading. I was hoping to install a home charger ahead of time, but I see on the Ontario rebate form they ask you for the VIN # of your car to get your rebate. So no car, no rebate I guess. Since the form has to be submitted within 3 months of purchasing, I have to wait until I have a firm delivery date. Gotta jump through those hoops!
I believe you have 3 months from the time of inspection, not purchase.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Hmmmm, maybe your dealership can provide you with the Vin number once Chevy starts building your Bolt. I assume they'll be assigned at the start of production and the dealership may have access to that?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think they should give you the Vin fairly soon so that way you can track the progress on it no?
I'm assuming that Chevy would first have to announce the 2018 and send the option info to the dealers. At this point I haven't actually ordered a Bolt yet, my name is just on a list.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Too bad the next North American auto show is in December unless Chevy plans to reveal 2018 model before that which from what i seen isn't too far out of the norm for car makers.

Frankfurt and Tokyo are before LA, doubt anything will happen then.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts