Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Ordered 23 EUV Prem RedLine, 19 Audi Q7, 08 Mustang GT Vert.
116 Posts
Font Material property Parallel Screenshot Publication

Dr, if you have the time, go out to the car and turn off location based charging. Page 97 of the manual is attached. I believe you have location based charging turned on and set to level 1 charging. If I’m wrong I owe you a drink, if I’m right a thank you will suffice. I know your electrician will appreciate it.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt - Silver Flare Metallic- LT1
319 Posts
I’m not sure if has already been asked, but as that is the GM EVSE unit, are you using the 240v plug into the device? It comes with both the 120v and 240v plug, so be sure you’re using the right plug.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier - Silver
483 Posts
One more question: What does the DIC show when you're charging? Turn the car on and plug it in and make sure it's charging. The kW reading should show in green on the right side of the screen. If it shows 1-2 kW, it's charging at 120V. If it's charging at 240V, it will show 7-8 kW.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Launch edition
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
View attachment 47055
Dr, if you have the time, go out to the car and turn off location based charging. Page 97 of the manual is attached. I believe you have location based charging turned on and set to level 1 charging. If I’m wrong I owe you a drink, if I’m right a thank you will suffice. I know your electrician will appreciate it.
It's set to off.
Plant Vehicle Car Audio equipment Gadget

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Launch edition
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I’m not sure if has already been asked, but as that is the GM EVSE unit, are you using the 240v plug into the device? It comes with both the 120v and 240v plug, so be sure you’re using the right plug.
The only way to plug in to the 240v outlet is to use the correct plug. We're using the correct plug. See the pic on the previous page.

·
Registered
2021Bolt to 2022EUV
1,244 Posts
A VOM set to AC voltage can safely read the voltage between the two 14-50 blades.
he electrician is coming back out tomorrow (kind of a hassle for them since we live on an island; ferry time!).
If a neighbor has a volt meter you can check it before the electrician comes. Or call him with results.

Not hooking up both 110 lines would be a major major mess up for a qualified electrician. Hard to believe but possible

Cause if not the issue is most likely in the EVSE. But don’t recall any issues from anyone with the EVSE

·
Registered
290 Posts
It seems it is either the evse or car not charging at 240 or the electrician work. The dealer could try another evse. When it is charging, to the right of the dic it will give you the charge rate which should be 7 or 8 kw if charging normal at 32 amps. It's quick to verify. Or charge it somewhere else to verify the that your receptacle is ok or not. The electrician coming will figure a lot out to.

·
Registered
Ordered 23 EUV Prem RedLine, 19 Audi Q7, 08 Mustang GT Vert.
116 Posts
Not sure what you mean. State inspection was done today.
I believe in the medical field that would be defined as a condition called wiseasserus minimus. Maximus can be much more serious.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
As my teacher always said,”Always check your work” working as an electrician in a Chemical plant I never left a jobsite without making sure everything was working… I’ve trained several apprentices also in my job and it’s the job of the Master Electrician to always double check an apprentice’s work. You don’t blame the apprentice if you did not check his work, that’s on you.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts