Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sold my ICE to Carvana and am now looking to buy a used 2018 to 2020 used Bolt. One option that is a must have for me is the surround view camera. I can't tell by reading the options lists if it is standard in the LT or only Premiere or if's part of the packages (Drive confidence 1 or 2). Can anybody tell me which models or options are needed?

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt Premiere
204 Posts
It's standard with my 2017 & 2021 Premieres; not sure if it was available with the LT trim.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is this worthwhile, or is it one of those things are over-rated, and "that sounded like a good idea" ?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Is this worthwhile, or is it one of those things are over-rated, and "that sounded like a good idea" ?
Kinda cool to be able to straighten your car in a parking space without ever needing to physically leave the vehicle to see the lines or anything. Not an absolute necessity though IMO...

You may find out that you don't park perfectly! EDIT: Even if it looks like you parked perfectly upon exiting the vehicle...

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think it's one of those things that you don't know you like them until you have them. I have the LT trim (without the surround view) and, in my opinion, the included backup camera is more than sufficient.

·
Administrator
2,792 Posts
I think it's one of those things that you don't know you like them until you have them. I have the LT trim (without the surround view) and, in my opinion, the included backup camera is more than sufficient.
I think you hit the nail on the head, I find the surround view is incredibly useful getting in and out of tight parking spots without curbing the wheels. Now that I have gotten used to it, anything less seems crude.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
I use it every single time I pull into my garage. It's how I know how far I've pulled in without hitting anything. We use a tennis ball on a string for my wife's car to tell us how far to pull in (which is much cheaper, but maybe not as cool).

·
Registered
292 Posts
I would have liked to have the surround view but it wasn't available on the 2020 LT, and I didn't want leather seats or any of the other Premiere crapola except for the rear view mirror-screen. Those two items look pretty cool to me but not $2500 cool. I'm old enough to remember when you could get options a-la-cart, except in cases where one option depended on another or conflicted with another. Those were the good old days. They've made great strides over the years in the science of getting consumers to buy what they don't want.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just sold my ICE to Carvana and am now looking to buy a used 2018 to 2020 used Bolt. One option that is a must have for me is the surround view camera. I can't tell by reading the options lists if it is standard in the LT or only Premiere or if's part of the packages (Drive confidence 1 or 2). Can anybody tell me which models or options are needed?
I would recommend the premier trim. In a used Bolt, you’re not going to pay as much of a premium as the original owner did for the premier trim, and you get a bunch of extras… especially if it had all the packages.

Trim level may not be shown in every listing, but if it has chrome on the door handles, it’s a premier. Look for the lane departure button (see photo) to know if it has the “driver confidence package.”
Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle door Automotive tire Personal luxury car

·
Registered
122 Posts
I would recommend the premier trim. In a used Bolt, you’re not going to pay as much of a premium as the original owner did for the premier trim, and you get a bunch of extras… especially if it had all the packages.

Trim level may not be shown in every listing, but if it has chrome on the door handles, it’s a premier. Look for the lane departure button (see photo) to know if it has the “driver confidence package.”
View attachment 38170
This!
The camera is a useful feature!

·
Registered
204 Posts
A passenger friend who has a Lexus SUV had eyes the size of grapefruits yesterday when he saw the camera view on the screen in my '19 Premier.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Agreed... many years ago I lived in the city and was an ace at parallel parking, but even then would occasionally rash a wheel on the curb. Now, I'm out of practice, but even so the birds-eye-view is indispensable for avoiding curb rash. I agree too with folks who use it to check for being in the middle of a parking spot between the painted lines.

I'm with the others who've said this is a feature that I didn't know I needed until I had it.

Reactions: shrox

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Trust me, once you've had it, it's hard to live without it. I curse at Elon Musk for not including that feature every time I park my Model 3. ;)

Mike

·
Registered
190 Posts
Surround view is one of the main reasons I went with a Premier over an LT. My wife's Nissan Leaf had it and that was my introduction to it. I knew I wanted that feature on my future cars. Another reason I wanted a Premier was the heated rear seats for the kids. I don't really care about the other additions like the camera rearview mirror, roof rails, leather seats, and different wheels.

Trust me, once you've had it, it's hard to live without it. I curse at Elon Musk for not including that feature every time I park my Model 3.
Same here. It the the main thing my wife misses when she went from the Leaf to the Model 3. Supposedly Tesla is going to implement something similar, it has been promised for a while. In addition to the Bolt's smaller size for parking, the surround view is another reason I prefer to drive the Bolt vs. the Model 3 for errands around town.

The other thing I can't believe that the Model 3 doesn't have is adaptive volume, i.e. the volume automatically increasing with vehicle speed. My 2013 Honda Odyssey had this as does the Bolt.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Where are you located ? My 2020 Premier is for sale. All options,silver ice. 3200 miles,mint beauty ! Call 402-488-3932

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Where are you located ?
I live in Florida and I am absolutely certain that I will never, ever use heated seats or a heated steering wheel. Thanks for all the comments. I think I will look for a Premier as I am willing to look for one just because of the surround view camera. I am ok with getting the SVC and not ever using the heated things.
BTW, this has been my first post here and this seems like a really friendly group.

·
Registered
2017 Premier, Arctic Blue - Oct 2020
128 Posts
Here's a 2017 Premier outside of Seattle, can be shipped. In theory i could go eyeball it for ya.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts