Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
I was going to get an LT with the Drivers Confidence packages but after driving a Premier and seeing the surround camera I was sold. It is incredible useful. I'm sure it would be great use in south Florida. I presume south Florida because everywhere else does get a bit cold sometimes and the heated seats and steering wheel are great on those 40 degree monrnings. In addition if you never use them they do help resale value.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
A passenger friend who has a Lexus SUV had eyes the size of grapefruits yesterday when he saw the camera view on the screen in my '19 Premier.
That's great. I love the feature too.

I had been enjoying it on my '13 Leafs (SV with both packages and later SV w/premium package) since end of July 2013. Also, the picture quality on Leaf's Around View Monitor was much better than on my '19 Bolt (before GM upgraded to "HD Surround Vision) and Leaf had more functionality like a right side curb view.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
That's great. I love the feature too.

I had been enjoying it on my '13 Leafs (SV with both packages and later SV w/premium package) since end of July 2013. Also, the picture quality on Leaf's Around View Monitor was much better than on my '19 Bolt (before GM upgraded to "HD Surround Vision) and Leaf had more functionality like a right side curb view.
The 2020s have forward and rear curb view, it's on the touchscreen buttons at the bottom of the screen in camera mode. Third button from the left. (Not my picture. )
Car Vehicle Automotive navigation system White Motor vehicle

·
Administrator
2,792 Posts
Where are you located ?
I live in Florida and I am absolutely certain that I will never, ever use heated seats or a heated steering wheel.
It probably gets cold enough a handful of days per year in FL for heated seats or steering. I find they are useful up to about 50F. I can get by without cabin heat down to about 20F. Much better for range if you don't have to rely on cabin heat.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This was one of the big reasons I went with the Premier model (and the roof rails were a must for me...only available on the EUV now). I must admit, I am pretty addicted to it. Sure, I will get use to not having it if I move to something else, but I use it every day, and now my teenage daughter loves it as she is learning to drive, and it makes parking for her so much easier.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
The 2020s have forward and rear curb view, it's on the touchscreen buttons at the bottom of the screen in camera mode. Third button from the left. (Not my picture. ) View attachment 38186
Yep. I know. It wasn't a choice when I bought my '19 Bolt new at end of Jan 2019.

It it is a welcome improvement to have that and improved camera PQ.

Before COVID, I had test driven at least 1 or 2 Toyotas that in addition to having equivalent of Surround Vision, they had left + right side curb views and the ability to zoom in. Some luxury cars have much fancier functionality than that like these:

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
The 2020s have forward and rear curb view, it's on the touchscreen buttons at the bottom of the screen in camera mode.
What exactly is "curb view"? Is it just the yellow path-of-travel markers being visible in the overhead view?

·
Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
3,481 Posts
I would recommend the premier trim. In a used Bolt, you’re not going to pay as much of a premium as the original owner did for the premier trim, and you get a bunch of extras… especially if it had all the packages.

Trim level may not be shown in every listing, but if it has chrome on the door handles, it’s a premier. Look for the lane departure button (see photo) to know if it has the “driver confidence package.”
View attachment 38170
I use the presence of roof rails as an indicator of Premier status...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
The 2020s have forward and rear curb view
Is that on the LT, or on the Premier, or both?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Trim level may not be shown in every listing, but if it has chrome on the door handles, it’s a premier.
More obvious Premier indications:
  • Leather seats.
  • Flush rails on the roof.
  • Wheels with black painted pockets.

Granted, someone could have swapped those parts into an LT, but that is unlikely to be very common.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Granted, someone could have swapped those parts into an LT, but that is unlikely to be very common.
If that's enough to fool someone then maybe I can claim my 2017 is actually a 2018 because I installed extending visors with lighted mirrors from a Chevy Volt...

·
Super Moderator
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
1,965 Posts
I had a Nissan with surround view, and loved the feature. Ended up getting the LT without it, and it's fine. The Bolt has such good visibility and such a small footprint that I could park at an angle in most parking spots and still have plenty of space.

Having said that, I still overestimate how far the front hood extends. Every time I think I'm absolutely out of space, I end up with at least 6-8 inches left.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Here's a 2017 Premier outside of Seattle, can be shipped. In theory i could go eyeball it for ya.

I'd look for a 2020 or later as I believe that the resolution of the cameras are improved. I have a 2019 Premier and compared to a 2020 I drove, it looks a lot worse.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Our family has an LT and a Premier. Particularly if you are buying used/depreciated, get the Premier! Surround view is nice for animal detection, stray toys, etc. Seats much more comfortable. Other options useful (e.g., in our climate, heated rear seat for grandkids).

21 - 40 of 42 Posts