Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I currently own a 2013 Volt. Now considering the Bolt.

One of the feature I like in the Volt is the sport mode. However every time I turn off the car and then back on, it's back to normal (eco) mode.

How's the Bolt in that respect? Does it remember the last mode you were in?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Nope same as the Volt , we own a Volt also. It would be nice to remember but it's not really a big deal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
But the acceleration of the Bolt in comparison will have you thinking you're in sport mode anyway.

I haven't decided to sell my '12 Volt yet and drove it recently... it felt like a real slug after driving the Bolt.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I always used Sport mode on my Volt but with the Bolt it feels like
sport mode all the time anyway........ ;-)

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
As pretty much everyone has already mentioned... no need to enable sport mode for everyday driving in the Bolt.
In regular mode you can easily spin the tries, it's way quicker than my 2014 Volt was in sport mode.

Go to a Chevy dealership and try it....

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV LT
281 Posts
I have to agree with the above posts. As someone who's been driving manual cars my whole life and who's got many years of autoX experience it took me a surprisingly long time to even try the "sport" mode, then once I had it went back off again. It just ramps up the accelerator response giving you more go earlier in the pedal travel. You get full acceleration in regular mode and I would say that the pedal response mapping is done almost perfectly to balance being too touchy with giving you the right amount of go when you ask for it, having a nice amount of expo in the last bit of travel (smooth in the middle ramping up quickly in the last part of travel).

My one complaint would be when transitioning from decel (regen braking) to accel; there is a bit of a delay from the time you put your foot into it to the time you get acceleration. Unfortunately sport mode doesn't help with that so for me it really doesn't add anything to the daily driving equation. I might change my mind when I inevitably take this car to the track, but for now sport mode remains off.

·
Super Moderator
2,580 Posts
I really like sport mode on the Bolt. It's more subtle though. Low on non sport mode is where I drive most often because it is fun and pretty efficient. But if I know I have miles to spare, I'll pop on sport mode and have more fun.

Sport Mode doesn't do a lot, but what it does do is change the profile of the accelerator. I ramps more power in the lower range of the accelerator so the same position say at 1/4 throttle actually supplies more juice to the motor than it does in normal mode. It does nothing that I can tell to the regenerative braking though.

Try this- drive along at say 30 miles an hour with normal on, keep the throttle steady and switch sport mode on. It feels like a little turbo boost came on line! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts