Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dash cam, ROVE R2-4K, is mounted on the windshield using the provided suction cup. It was fine during the colder months, but now with summer approaching, the last few days have seen temperatures of high 80s to low 90s. The suction cup just fell off in 3 of my cars. Do you guys have this problem? Also, do you usually remove the camera + suction cup when parked outside under the sun? I think I might have to do that for 2 reasons: [1] with the sunshade in place, the camera stands out clearly against the it, and may get too much attention from "bad guys", and [2] prevent the camera from being exposed to the sun/heat needlessly.
Thanks,

·
Registered
624 Posts
i use a much smaller cam, but i just used self-adhesive velcro to stick it to the camera conglomeration behind the mirror. the adhesive wasn't strong enough and it fell off, so i added some barge cement to it, and i haven't had any further issues.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I have a mobuis action cam mounted to a go pro mount in my honda fit's windshield. It fell down the first couple of tries and I ended up super gluing the 3m adhesive to the glass.

·
Registered
676 Posts
mobius here too.
I put the super capacitor in it, but it still forgets the time because it doesn't shut down fast enough. Oh and I got some of those magnetic name badge holders from amazon and the camera is hanging from the gopro mount by magnets. Same magnets on my motorcycle helmet too, never blown off even >100mph. Here's a video showing a goofy mount I made for the mobius' predecessor, 808. Same magnets. If you get the same magnets as in the video, the N and S poles line up so you can mount the camera forward or rear facing.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I put the super capacitor in it, but it still forgets the time because it doesn't shut down fast enough.

hmm, don't know that i've had that issue. my concern would be about it not saving the last video, which it won't do if it doesn't shut down cleanly. have you checked to ensure that the power off shutdown is set to immediate?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Yes, it is set for immediate. But the date is always wrong, so I assume it's not shutting down before the supercap runs out.... the idea is that I'll leave the car running for 3 more minutes if I have a wreck. Got some great footage of a deer committing suicide last year!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have a Mobius with the low profile adhesive mount and I have not had any problems with it. Getting into the summer now, so we will see how it holds up in the heat, but it feels very secure. Mine also has the wrong time, but I assumed it was due to how the camera actually shuts down vs remaining idle on battery power.

I've had the camera since about October and it has come in handy twice -- one red light runner hit the car in front of me as we were driving through a green light and a traffic barrel rolled out into my lane in a construction zone and I struck it at 50 mph damaging the front of my Bolt. That action is currently under review by the construction company and the estimate is for $1300 to replace the lower grill and bumper cover. It sure is nice to have video showing exactly what happens.

After all that, I have another Mobius to install in my wife's car.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I have a pair of Mini 0906 dual dash cams (one for my car and one for my wife). They have adhesive mounts but I've had some problems with them. When I first mounted them my camera fell off in a couple weeks and the one for my wife fell off in a month. I've since re-affixed the mounts but I'm going to wait a couple weeks before I try putting the cameras on them. They don't weight much but I figure giving the adhesive time to bond is a good thing.

It's odd too because we have a Mini 0806 in the truck my son drives, it's an older unit but the size and weight are about the same and the adhesive appears to be identical and it's been holding strong for 3 years now.
I'm actually wondering if mounting them when it's colder (or at least not warm) is part of the problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts