Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Please support the petition on change.org:

change.org/p/fix-bolt-ev-quick-charge-performance-in-cold-weather

I'm a new user on the forum and won't let me put the complete URL ;-)

·
Registered
2019 Bolt & 2015 Spark EV
407 Posts
Wanted to bump this thread, in the hopes of garnering any necessary interest. Does anyone know at what temp the 2020 gets full charge current (150 amps)? I know in 2017-2019, the battery average temp must be 75°F according to Torque Pro to receive full charge current, and the battery heater only engages if the battery is below 55°F, to bring it up to 55°F.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Wasn't there a software update to address this?

I had this problem last weekend. The car cold-soaked in temps between 25F and 50F while I was camping/hiking. On the trip back, the first DCFC was limited to 20kW, despite the lower SoC. This hurt my wallet too, since it was an EVGo at $0.35/minute. My attempt at a solution was to leave the car on with the heater blasting to attempt to warm things up. It eventually got up to about 40kW, but it took a while.

I know Tesla will actually precondition the battery if it knows you are approaching a DCFC. I would love to have the ability to do the same in my Bolt!

·
Registered
2019 Bolt & 2015 Spark EV
407 Posts
Wasn't there a software update to address this?
Apparently you can get the 2020 charge software (curve and better speeds at lower temps), but while the new charging curve (as opposed to step downs) has been well documented, I haven't been able to find documentation of the correlation between charge current and certain battery temps in the new 2020 control software.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.