Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

How long before a solution to the battery issue.

• Less than 6 months

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • More than 6 months

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • More than 1 year

Votes: 70 63.6%
81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
9,969 Posts
Rode my bike by our dealer yesterday. They have their two new Bolts with the HOLD tags under the wiper, around back. They also have two Bolts that they had sold over the last year. Apparently the owners don't want them in their driveway anymore. :unsure:

Three or four new Corvettes are right out front, flanked by shiny Suburbans.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 · (Edited)
If GM can get 1.8 billion from LG, big if, that's about 12k per car. If they bought them back for resale in a foreign market then they could easily make the $ back. India comes to mind

·
Registered
Premier, Yo, with every goodie!
1,314 Posts
.... They also have two Bolts that they had sold over the last year.
Apparently the owners don't want them in their driveway anymore. :unsure:

Three or four new Corvettes are right out front, ...
Are all the Bolts parked a safe distance from each other and other cars?

Did you test drive a new Vette?!!!

You know you're not getting any younger, you can't take it with you, YOLO, etc, etc.
You'd enjoy it!
And you don't have to buy a real gold neck chain, anything will do!!:p

·
Registered
9,969 Posts
Are all the Bolts parked a safe distance from each other and other cars?

Did you test drive a new Vette?!!!
They are parked in amongst all the others. Nobody is worried. They know the ICE burn all the time.

I spent my youth with small foreign cars, mostly sportscars. I spit on Corvettes! A two seater as big as our old 510 station wagon. For men who would fell insecure in a small car :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
102 Posts
So once GM/LG come to the agreement and have a fix will they lift stop sale do you guys think?
You mean restart production and sell those newly made cars? I expect they will.

I just don't know how they can guarantee there's no defects. IMHO, GM/LG need to spend some time and money making the pack safer. They need to make it so they're not so dependent on having defect free cells to prevent catastrophic fires.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You mean restart production and sell those newly made cars? I expect they will.

I just don't know how they can guarantee there's no defects. IMHO, GM/LG need to spend some time and money making the pack safer. They need to make it so they're not so dependent on having defect free cells to prevent catastrophic fires.
Yeah that’s what I’m just wondering, I have a EUV on the dealer lot I ordered months ago and wondering if I’m wasting my time waiting until it can be available for purchase or look elsewhere for a different EV. Everything is up in the air

·
Registered
875 Posts
Yeah that’s what I’m just wondering, I have a EUV on the dealer lot I ordered months ago and wondering if I’m wasting my time waiting until it can be available for purchase or look elsewhere for a different EV. Everything is up in the air
Assuming they cannot find some interim inspection that can be done, the only way the stop sale can get lifted is by completing the recall. Once parts are available, it will be interesting to see how GM allocates parts. On one hand you have people out there driving around with a vehicle that is considered a fire risk. On the other you have customers who committed to buy a vehicle, but cannot take delivery until the recall is done, and a dealers that are already short on cars anxiously waiting to get the stop sale lifted.

·
Registered
28 Posts
True, my salesman said my vehicle was one of the last ones in to the dealer from the plant so it will be first addressed, but he’s just telling me that. I’ve been waiting since July and if it’s going to be another 4-5 months ill just look elsewhere because I want to save $450+/month in gas sooner lol

81 - 94 of 94 Posts