Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple mod but installed a Tempered Glass Screen protector. The factory plastic was still on my screen and had a scratch which made me think I should get one of these. It installed easy enough but I wanted to leave a tip for someone choosing this. I used the top right corner as the point to install it and that was a mistake. Use the top left and try to move it as close to the left edge as possible. With the driver orientation I can see the screen below the left edge of the screen protector because I left a gap. I'm thinking I might order another one and re-install it if it bugs me too much. Otherwise great product and easy to install.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After driving for a day or so I have to say its a very good quality product. There are rainbows and moire while wearing polarized sunglasses but without them its extremely clear.

Registered

Registered
Thanks for posting this! I was actually looking at this on Amazon yesterday. And thanks for the report on the moiring. I wonder if that's inevitable with a glass protector or if the Ruiya is polarized.

Registered
2017 Premier, new battery, 1993 GMC 2500, 2022 MYLR, 2017 M235i, Kubota B7100
Did you have any difficulties with dust motes getting under the screen? When installing these on cell phones, I spend a fair amount of time making sure there are no cat hairs, dander, or lint under the screen, 'cause of the inevitable bubbles. I don't know if the nearly vertical orientation helps or hurts on this.

Registered
2017 Premier, new battery, 1993 GMC 2500, 2022 MYLR, 2017 M235i, Kubota B7100
I also had no dust issues because I had the factory screen protector up until time of installation.
I had assumed this. I do the same with phones (leave the plastic film on until I have a protector handy), but it only takes one tiny mote to put an annoying bubble under a glass screen protector.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.