Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Bolt Premier for a week and am very satisfied. The radio comes on every time I push "start". I can't find a way to disable this function. Does anyone have a solution?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Do a search on the forum, it was discussed recently. I think if you mute it, or set the volume low before you turn the car off.

Personally I like the feature.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Simple fix!
If you have an old non functioning headset with a small stereo plug on the end, chop off the plug and stick it in the ?AUX? jack. Thats it! You?re done! No more irritating too loud radio blasts!
I have mine permanently inserted and have had no problems. Apple CarPlay works without a hitch and when i select the radio it works. Haven?t been more satisfied. Once in a while when switching functions the radio comes on when starting again. Just remove and reinsert the non connected plug again and you?ll be back in business-as-usual again. If you do not have a plug, a quick stop at a Radio Shack and get a 3.5mm stereo plug for 98 cents would work fine. I recommend a black one to blend in with the console.
Happy Trails!

·
Registered
989 Posts
Simple fix!
If you have an old non functioning headset with a small stereo plug on the end, chop off the plug and stick it in the ?AUX? jack. Thats it! You?re done! No more irritating too loud radio blasts!
I have mine permanently inserted and have had no problems. Apple CarPlay works without a hitch and when i select the radio it works. Haven?t been more satisfied. Once in a while when switching functions the radio comes on when starting again. Just remove and reinsert the non connected plug again and you?ll be back in business-as-usual again. If you do not have a plug, a quick stop at a Radio Shack and get a 3.5mm stereo plug for 98 cents would work fine. I recommend a black one to blend in with the console.
Happy Trails!
You do know you can set the startup volume limit too! It's in the radio settings.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have had my Bolt Premier for a week and am very satisfied. The radio comes on every time I push "start". I can't find a way to disable this function. Does anyone have a solution?
I haven't tried this, but to turn off the radio, you have to do a long press on the on/off button. Also you can set the maximum volume on start in settings.

·
Registered
34 Posts
"Turning off", that is with a long press, seems to turn off other display features too on mine. And the "max volume at startup" only goes down to 10%--still not "off". I'd like to understand what the engineers who designed this had in mind with 'mute' vs 'off'. I guess it makes sense to behave this way if 'mute' is thought to be temporary. And of course you CAN just turn the volume down as I was reminded in my own post.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Try pressing the telephone button on the steering wheel before turning the car off. That should avoid the auto-turn-on, IIRC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts