Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone on here have a good handle of the radio controls. I been looking for information on how to shut off the Radio/Music and have it turn on manually at my desire and not when the vehicle is started. Are the good of days of having full on/off control of your radio gone? Perhaps I'm not finding this in the manual or must be doing something wrong, hard to believe these new vehicle wont let you completely turn off you radio. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
334 Posts
The radio is kind of screwed up. It doesn't have a power off button, which is downright weird.

The best solution I've found is to tune the satellite radio to channel 0.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just turn the volume knob all the way down while the radio is playing. It will not come back on until you turn it back up.

All other types of sounds/sound effects will still play at their normal volume though.

Remember when you used to turn radios off by hearing it "click" off at the zero volume level?

Yay, it still works that way, except there is no more "click".

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just turn the volume knob all the way down while the radio is playing. It will not come back on until you turn it back up.

All other types of sounds/sound effects will still play at their normal volume though.

Remember when you used to turn radios off by hearing it "click" off at the zero volume level?

Yay, it still works that way, except there is no more "click".
Thank you, that is so simple that I feel kind of stupid.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Yeah, the car says to click and hold to go into low power mode. What? sounds bad, all I want to do is turn the radio off and keep it off. Tried the hold the button and the screen goes blank. Interesting, not what I was expecting. Good to know if you want to conserve power. But turning the radio knob to zero works! Car remembers that setting. Just hitting the power button is only a mute as you can see the mute icon show up on the display.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts