Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at my dealer yesterday with the 360 Camera issue, result is they ordered a new passenger rearview mirror assembly. I also asked them to check the charger door as it hardly springs open an takes a few pushes to close, they checked another Bolt the same as well as the rear hatch just unlocks and does not even open an inch. Back to software update, my service advisor acknowledged to me that there is an update 4.2.2 when I asked about update, the tech himself was clueless and said according to my Vin there is no update even though the service advisor knew about it, I have 4.1 now, I guess the clueless tech is the last word as the service advisor really cannot tell him what to do. How do we get this latest software update as I am going back for the mirror in approximately 2 weeks if the warehouse does have any supposedly it is coming from Pontiac Michigan and takes 7 business days. Funny when I I used my other dealer used to take 2 days at most and sometimes next day for parts.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
I also asked them to check the charger door as it hardly springs open an takes a few pushes to close, they checked another Bolt the same as well as the rear hatch just unlocks and does not even open an inch.
Yes. That is how ours works. What is the problem? If you want stuff that flys open, you need to get a Tesla. They have little motors in there for everything...even the glovebox, I think.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had an ELR before and the charging door did not stick like my Bolt, so I just questioned service and that is the way it is. Any idea how to get the radio update from 4.1 to 4.2.2, my service advisor knew right away about it but the tech does not and refuses to try.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Had an ELR before and the charging door did not stick like my Bolt, so I just questioned service and that is the way it is. Any idea how to get the radio update from 4.1 to 4.2.2, my service advisor knew right away about it but the tech does not and refuses to try.
If you were used to one that popped open further, I can see why you'd wonder. Our charge door pops open just far enough to push my fingers in the gap. My last car had a key latch. Once you turned the key, you had to pull it open...no spring at all.

As to the update, I imagine if the tech won't make the effort, you could contact some GM dealer liaison to rattle his cage? I, honestly, have never dealt with a dealership for service ever, until we got the Bolt.

The only update I am interested in is one to fix the broken Efficiency History screen, that Stan is working on. If that happens, I will definitely pursue an update.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts