Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night we took in a double feature at the local Drive In (Star Wars Last Jedi and Coco). We parked the Bolt, turned off the car, then press the middle of the radio button to power up the FM to listen to the movie. The car would only give us about 10 minutes of radio play then it would turn it off automatically. Very annoying! Pressing the button again would get the radio back on for another 10 minutes. Did this for about 4 hours of movie watching.... :(
I haven't dug into the manual on this and searching here didn't bring anything up. Is there a way to get the radio to STAY ON for more that 10 minutes?

·
Registered
220 Posts
You can also just leave the car on and in Park, it'll shut off after two hours, and you can just restart it again. Two hours isn't perfect, but it's better than 10 minutes. The Neutral and parking brake setting will work for many hours, but the pedestrian alert will be sounding the entire time unless you disable it - might not be great for the drive in ambiance...

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I think if even if you leave it in P, as long as you do something to the car like pump the brakes or mash the accelerator (does nothing, no revving possible) then that resets the 2hr wait. Or you can just remember to shift out of P then back again somewhere around intermission (when nature calls).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was reading another thread that said if you hold the start button down for 10 seconds without pressing the brake the car will go in to an "accessory" mode.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I was reading another thread that said if you hold the start button down for 10 seconds without pressing the brake the car will go in to an "accessory" mode.
Thanks for this tip (which is likely in the FM, but I admit, I haven’t read it thoroughly). I will try it the next time I have to wait for my wife.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts