Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
I like to try to predict high risk situations and hover my foot over the brake pedal, this is a habit. I cannot do this in L mode so it makes me uncomfortable in those situations. I'm not going to say its any safer or more dangerous than another guy using L, its just more comfortable for ME. You gottta figure out which works for you..
On the highway, I do most of my driving in L with CC. My right foot is over the brake, and my left hand is over the paddle.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Did you mean "pedal" or "paddle"? This makes a difference. Here in WV, we have many hills and I can traverse most of them using the paddle and never touching the pedal. Of course, every time you use the pedal, you lose energy as heat, even if the "pedal" introduces slight "regen".
The pedal initiates far more than "slight" regeneration - at least on my 2019. I've experimented quite a bit, on rather steep hills. If I maintain the same speed (for D or L, cruise control or not), I get the same regen (within small error bounds).

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Same same. I like L, my wife likes D. Car and kids don't care.
Same, same. my wife and I consider L mode one-pedal the best feature of the Bolt and if either of us accidentally start off in D, we panic and wonder WTF is wrong. OTOH, I have a young friend who drives in D and thinks Apple Play is the best feature of the Bolt; my wife and I aren't sure what Apple Play is/does and could give a rat's ass less.

jack vines

·
Registered
234 Posts
On the highway, I do most of my driving in L with CC. My right foot is over the brake, and my left hand is over the paddle.
This is how I drive in L as well. What I LOVE about driving in L is that during that transition during a panic braking situation where I am moving my foot towards the brake pedal, the car is ALREADY rapidly slowing down.

I credit driving in L for saving the life of a kid recently who zipped out in front of my car from behind a fence without any warning just two weeks ago. Missed him by barely a foot. Shared a long look of panic with another adult who was on the sidewalk, and we both glared at the kid who basically ignored us and what he had done.

L is awesome.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts