Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I have a friend who back when bought one of these for his Corvette. About every four or five years, a total of maybe ten new batteries, he gets another one installed. Penny's long ago closed their auto centers, contracted with Firestone to do the battery warranties. Each time he shows up, they ask him if they can buy out the warranty. He says no, just because he enjoys having made a good investment.

jack vines

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I have a friend who back when bought one of these for his Corvette. About every four or five years, a total of maybe ten new batteries, he gets another one installed. Penny's long ago closed their auto centers, contracted with Firestone to do the battery warranties. Each time he shows up, they ask him if they can buy out the warranty. He says no, just because he enjoys having made a good investment.
40-50 years would mean that the first replacement battery was in 1971-1981, which would suggest a third generation Corvette (1968-1982), or maybe a late second generation Corvette (1963-1967) if the factory battery lasted a long time.

·
Registered
165 Posts
My 2017 with 24,000 shows on Torque - 54.112 kWh, and 169.1 Ah at 75% SOC, Been sitting all day after charging at 240v 6A for 15 hours( I forgot to go out and unplug it so I put in a little more than I wanted).

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Note that the kWh numbers from the new (12/2020) Bolt PIDs differ from the old ones.

Old kWh * 0.96 = New kWh

The old kWh number is 1/3 of the Ah number, while the new kWh is 4% lower.

·
Registered
186 Posts
My 2017 with 24,000 shows on Torque - 54.112 kWh, and 169.1 Ah at 75% SOC, Been sitting all day after charging at 240v 6A for 15 hours( I forgot to go out and unplug it so I put in a little more than I wanted).
My 2018 with about 15,600 miles shows 53.82 kWh. After initially freaking out last Summer when I first got the car, I’m now at the point where I’m not buying the accuracy of this particular reading. At all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2018 Bolt EV Premier
966 Posts
I'll just drop this figure from my thesis I wrote in May and presented at an academic conference last July...
Rectangle Slope Plot Font Line

The current reported capacity remains more or less the same and the odometer is past 85,000 km mark now.

You can see that the number will go up and down, but there's definitely a downward trend. It's still more than 90% of the initial reported value after going past first half of the warranty (160,000 km or 8 years), though.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts