Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
My diagnosis was simple, I rocked the car back and forth as the service advisor listened. He heard and confirmed the noise. The tech heard it as he was driving the car into the bay. That's all that was needed, they didn't even have to drive it.
Sometimes with intermittent or subtle problems it's worth putting off a service visit until they become a lot more obvious.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sometimes with intermittent or subtle problems it's worth putting off a service visit until they become a lot more obvious.
Yes, I first heard the noise at around 1k miles. It progressively got worse and I waited until around 1.3k miles to bring it in. I wanted to make sure it was reproducible and could not be missed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My Bolt as been making that noise for a while now. I still have plenty of warranty miles left. Mainly I'm looking for a time when I can be without the car for a while. Electric vehicle servicing, Tesla or Chevy, still isn't quite as efficient/prompt as ICE.
Hmm, maybe now is the time while I'm working at home by mandate.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
My Bolt as been making that noise for a while now. I still have plenty of warranty miles left. Mainly I'm looking for a time when I can be without the car for a while. Electric vehicle servicing, Tesla or Chevy, still isn't quite as efficient/prompt as ICE.
Hmm, maybe now is the time while I'm working at home by mandate.
They diagnosed my beam twist axle in one day. Same day they did my recall and they rotated the tires. The part took two months to come in. Then they did the axle repair in one day.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts