Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a LT and when I put the car into reverse too fast, the rear camera on the infotainment center is off center

It appears about 3 inches off to the right and up

Does anyone else have this issue? Does not seem to happen if I turn on the car and wait until the Bolt animation stops

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I would wait until the car boots up before asking it to perform. Try giving it
it's boot time and see if that corrects the issue. I always allow my car to boot
before expecting it to work properly. It's a digital vehicle with lots of electrons
running amuck within the systems. Be patient and you'll be a much happier owner.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Bolt's rear camera is a bit slow to engage. On the Gen 2 Volt, it switched almost immediately. Take the time after shifting to R to do another look around yourself before actually releasing the brake and moving. You'll get used to it in no time and hardly notice the delayed reverse camera.

Reactions: kls629

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a LT and when I put the car into reverse too fast, the rear camera on the infotainment center is off center

It appears about 3 inches off to the right and up

Does anyone else have this issue? Does not seem to happen if I turn on the car and wait until the Bolt animation stops
I have the same problem on my Premier 2018. I put the car into reverse too fast, when the logo is displayed on the screen. Interestingly, this problem did not exist before.

·
Registered
2019 Bolt & 2015 Spark EV
412 Posts

Is this what you're referring to? Mine is a 2019 and does this frequently. Not 100% certain, but I did believe it is usually the result from shifting before a complete system boot.

Reactions: Mers-08

·
Registered
2019 Bolt & 2015 Spark EV
412 Posts
"During full screen operation, some screens may display a blank area on the left side of
the image. This design is intended to prevent any obstructed viewing past the steering
wheel."

Wow! Good find! I do believe that is a next level lie on GM's behalf. If it were for the designed purpose stated, why wouldn't it always be like that?

What are they going to say next? We didn't crush all of the EV1's, we were just trying to make a more compact design? Incredible to try to pass off a defect as a feature.

Reactions: Mers-08

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
"During full screen operation, some screens may display a blank area on the left side of
the image. This design is intended to prevent any obstructed viewing past the steering
wheel."

Wow! Good find! I do believe that is a next level lie on GM's behalf. If it were for the designed purpose stated, why wouldn't it always be like that?
Maybe the "normal" view that we're all used to is the actual "bug".... :oops:;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
wheel."

What are they going to say next? We didn't crush all of the EV1's, we were just trying to make a more compact design? Incredible to try to pass off a defect as a feature.
2017 cars didn't have this problem. In 2018, system startup became slower.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts