Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When putting the car in reverse, the rear camera comes on. And, it stays on for something like 10 seconds after shifting to drive. The manual says this will happen, but I find it completely distracting. Once I back up and shift to drive, I'm ready to put on music or get into maps or check out information from the car. But the car insists on displaying the rear view until it stops. They do mention pushing other buttons to kill the rear view, but I'd it to be configuarable or removed. My Honda vehicles immediately turned off the rear view camera after shifting to drive. What is the advantage of keeping the rear view camera on for seconds after shifting to drive?

·
Registered
368 Posts
What is the advantage...
The advantage is seeing your surroundings while you are parking the car. During parallel parking, a driver shifts into reverse and forward once or twice each while maneuvering into the parking spot. The camera display remains on screen to help you avoid hitting cars in front, in back, and curb.

I think the camera display goes off when you hit a non-parking speed like 10 or 15 mph, it's not a 10-second timer or anything like that.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah...this explanation makes sense. I guess I don't do enough parallel parking so this wasn't apparent to me. Interesting. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I shifted into drive and drove almost 30 seconds at approx 35 mph and the rear camera stayed on. It finally went off. These intermittent wiring problems are a real pain. I feel like a beta system tester.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I shifted into drive and drove almost 30 seconds at approx 35 mph and the rear camera stayed on. It finally went off. These intermittent wiring problems are a real pain. I feel like a beta system tester.
Imagine how Tesla owners feel during the early days of each respective model.

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
If you really want to feel like a beta tester, get a model 3 somehow.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Which power button? The center MyLink one or the Bolt's start button?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts