Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering why they did not include a remote hatch opener on the fob or even a button in the interior to open the hatch. Only way to open it is to stand next to it and press the button on the hatch.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just wondering why they did not include a remote hatch opener on the fob or even a button in the interior to open the hatch. Only way to open it is to stand next to it and press the button on the hatch.
I agree, we were really spoiled by my last car. Spouse dreads touch the dirty underside of the hatch every time we need to open it. And me too to be honest... although it reminds me to to wipe the back cameras...

·
Registered
575 Posts
Chevy did not include a lot of niceties to keep the cost of the vehicle down. I have never owned a vehicle with a remote release for the rear gate, so I don't miss it. But I do miss: some fabric and padding on interior surfaces such as the top of the doors, tires with good grip and a spare tire - or at least adding a spare tire as an option.

·
Registered
315 Posts
The last few Chevy's(GM's) I have owned didn't have anyway to pop the hatch from the key fob.

They were Chevy Trax and Buick Encore these cars had the same set up as the Bolt

My C7 C6 and C5 Corvettes opened from the key fob

·
Registered
929 Posts
I'd like a "pop" the hatch button too, my last car had it. But 2nd the spoiled comment. Everybody is so spoiled.

Its probably easy to add via an aftermarket fob, as it is an electric active pop versus the passive kind of mechanism. The passive kind is harder to get a fob to pop..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.