Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love my white 2019 Bolt... however I am amazed at how dirty the rear can get from wet road spray... I can wash the car and after just only a short trip on wet roads the rear looks like it was never washed.

Has anyone found a suitable aftermarket rear mud flap that is easy to install and reduces some of the spray? Or is this just something I will have to get used to? :(
Cheers

·
Registered
25 Posts
I also have been searching for mud flaps, but front and rear. So far I haven’t found them. I would sacrifice a little range to not have my paint thrashed!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, using this post vs. creating a new one.. I knew from owning a hatchback for nearly twenty years that the rear-end was going to get dirty faster than a sedan. That being said, the Bolt is much worse in regards to grime road spray than my previous Golf.
Although it was not exhaustive, I could not find suitable mud flaps/guards. At this point, I plan on installing a brush-style shield intended for RVs. Yeah, I'm a bit concerned on the aesthetics of having a black hula-skirt on the back of my car, but at this point, my frame of mind is function-over-form.

I'll try follow-up with posts on the install process and its effectiveness.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Mud flaps are not really effective on hatchbacks, because the source of the dirt is actually the swirl of road dust coming up and forward from under-car airflow, where the dust spins out of the trailing vortex like in a Dyson vacuum cleaner, and lands on the car.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Here is a set that worked for me. I purchased two sets so as to address both the front and rear wheels. They did not fit exactly but had enough flexibility that they work. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Mud flaps are not really effective on hatchbacks, because the source of the dirt is actually the swirl of road dust coming up and forward from under-car airflow, where the dust spins out of the trailing vortex like in a Dyson vacuum cleaner, and lands on the car.
Agreed. This is my 1st hatchback in 50+ years of driving and the car is covered in dust/whatever,even driving on clean/dry roads. Short sample size of 4 days of ownership.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I already got WeatherTech floor mats and looked for mud flaps for the Bolt, but so far non-existent. However there is a page where one can profess an interest in something they do not yet carry and be notified if and when they do. Maybe if enough Bolt owners signed up, maybe they would carry mud flaps for the Bolt. Here's the link.
New Product Updates

1 - 10 of 10 Posts