Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mechanical or software?
The rear passenger side door doesn't open from the inside. When I press the open door lock button, all four lock knobs jump up, but the only way to open the back door is from the outside. I am guessing it is a mechanical issue in that the interior door handle doesn't work. On the other hand, maybe it is not a mechanical connections. Thoughts on how to sort this out before driving 50 miles down to Fremont Chevrolet?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Possibly child-proof door locks, so that young children do not open the doors while the car is moving?

There is usually a switch on the door (concealed when the door is closed) that you can use to turn the feature on or off.

Once at a car show, I locked myself in the back of a car, courtesy of the child-proof locks. I had to bang on the window to get someone's attention to let me out!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Possibly child-proof door locks, so that young children do not open the doors while the car is moving?

There is usually a switch on the door (concealed when the door is closed) that you can use to turn the feature on or off.

Once at a car show, I locked myself in the back of a car, courtesy of the child-proof locks. I had to bang on the window to get someone's attention to let me out!
I will take a look. I just tested it carefully and it certainly seems mechanical. The interior door handle has no resistance, whereas the other handles you can feel the connection to the locking system. But since this thing is all computer controlled, I am guess there isn't a mechanical switch. More research needed.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will take a look. I just tested it carefully and it certainly seems mechanical. The interior door handle has no resistance, whereas the other handles you can feel the connection to the locking system. But since this thing is all computer controlled, I am guess there isn't a mechanical switch. More research needed.
OK, page 43 of the manual. Open back door, look on the trailing edge of the door panel and there is a switch that enables the child lock or disables it. Problem solved. Ten minutes vs an hour 10 minute (if there is traffic, duh!) ride to Fremont. Glad I have a searchable pdf version of the manual.

·
Registered
4 Posts
OK, page 43 of the manual. Open back door, look on the trailing edge of the door panel and there is a switch that enables the child lock or disables it. Problem solved. Ten minutes vs an hour 10 minute (if there is traffic, duh!) ride to Fremont. Glad I have a searchable pdf version of the manual.
What a relief for you! Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Those are sometimes installed in the front passenger seat too and I've been locked in that way before. At least I won't have to bang on the window to get out. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts