Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the only cars I've ever owned this millennium are the 2017 Volt and Bolt, so excuse the n00b question.

I noticed the following black loop along the driver and passenger side of the rear seat backs:

What are they for? I tugged on them and they seem to just be attached to the rear seat upholstery so I doubt they're for anchoring things. They also don't any words to indicate they might be airbags like the front seats.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
I have no idea, but they're in my Premier model with the leather upholstery as well. They're not on the part of the rear seat that folds down, they're on a separate part just outboard of that which stays up.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I was perplexed too.
Look at pg 66 in the manual: https://my.chevrolet.com/content/dam/gmownercenter/gmna/dynamic/manuals/2017/Chevrolet/BOLT%20EV/Owner's%20Manual.pdf
There is a reference to: Rear Safety Belt Comfort Guides. Keeps the belt off the neck if you're short.

Attaching the image in case the linked one doesn't work.
PS: It didn't work, so the image below will have to do. Or do a Google image search for Rear Safety Belt Comfort Guides. Not sure why the results seem to be from Buick vehicles.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
Андрей Т.;405770 said:
My Bolt did not come with a guide. I could use one for my kids ...
It's an optional gadget that attaches to the loops on the seats. I'm sure you could order one from your local GM parts department.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great detective work, @Enzeder! Still, one would think a more permanent anchor point would be needed for such a feature. Frequent tugging on that little loop every day will eventually rip that loop out. Unless it's anchored with lots of slack, the loop or the upholstery will soon give IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.