Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This recall somehow just popped up in my.chevrolet.com site:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GM Program #: N172104090
Date Issued: Sep 05, 2017
Program Title: High Volt Battery Pack Low Cell

Program Description:

Certain 2017 model year Bolt EV vehicles may have a condition in which the cells within the battery pack have low voltage. This condition is related to the state of charge of the cell group. Eventually, the difference in the state of charge of the cell groups (average vs. minimum) may exceed a threshold.

Repair Description:

Replace the high voltage battery pack.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I called and they asked for the car to be brought in to be inspected, to determine if they need to order a replacement battery cos 'it's very expensive'. I'm still in the process of waiting on their inspection results. I was wondering if any body else got this and what your experience is going thru the recall process ?

Thanks!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hi,

Program Description:

Certain 2017 model year Bolt EV vehicles may have a condition in which the cells within the battery pack have low voltage. This condition is related to the state of charge of the cell group. Eventually, the difference in the state of charge of the cell groups (average vs. minimum) may exceed a threshold.

Repair Description:

I called and they asked for the car to be brought in to be inspected, to determine if they need to order a replacement battery cos 'it's very expensive'. I'm still in the process of waiting on their inspection results. I was wondering if any body else got this and what your experience is going thru the recall process ?

Thanks!
Here is a thread that has been on here a while that explains what you are describing.

http://www.chevybolt.org/forum/4-20...-100-bolts-may-experience-battery-issues.html

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
great thanks, was hoping to hear more. I'm scheduled to have batt replaced in about a week's time, when the order comes in. Should take about a day according to SA.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
What is your build date?
My build date is definitely NOT on the driver-side door post (or anywhere else, as I have searched). Since I have the VIN, can I contact Chevy somehow (call, email, chat) and get this info? Is that the day they started the build or completed it.

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
My build date is definitely NOT on the driver-side door post (or anywhere else, as I have searched). Since I have the VIN, can I contact Chevy somehow (call, email, chat) and get this info? Is that the day they started the build or completed it.
It should be there. I had to look 2 or 3 times to find it when I was trying to find the build date of a Bolt I was checking out.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Get down on your knees! It's below and to the right of the tire pressure sticker. It's silver and was not very visible on my silver Bolt. In addition to serial number and gross weight, it lists the build date as month/year.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think it could be vehicle specific, I found out when I went to my app, vehicle status, check recalls ....

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got the phone call from GM 10 days ago and took the car to the dealership last week . . . only to find them realize that needed to order the batteries . . . it will be 10 days for them to be delivered by truck.

For those that are interested: Build date: 12/16

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,

Program Description:

Repair Description:

Thanks!
What is the threshold for when they will replace the battery? Cell 12 in my car is consistently .3V lower than all the other cells, and the dealer said that’s “normal” and I should wait for a check engine light. I call BS. Just spoke with GM Customer Care and am waiting for a call back regarding escalation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts